3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
* Perform technical tasks based on detailed written or verbal instructions.
* Utilize a limited variety of microelectronic, electronic, optical, electro-optical, mechanical, or electromechanical equipment, including computers and lasers.
* Ability to read schematics.
* Perform entry-level troubleshooting, calibration or modification of hardware, fixtures, and software.
* Participate in project teams.
* Perform task prioritizationInteracts with other functional groups (e.g. engineering, manufacturing) on routine technical mattersApply technical expertise in the evaluation, development, maintenance, and use of products, devices, tests, or procedures under constantly changing conditions where some ingenuity and judgment are required.
* Support activities through the resolution of problems and preparation and maintenance of documentation.
* Manage workflow throughout the area to achieve team goals.
* Evaluate and troubleshoot non-conformances.
* Fabricate hardware, equipment, tools or prototypes from drawings or sketches.
* Estimate labor, material, and manufacturing costs for the building and repair of product or process enhancement.
* Identify and correct minor process, material, design, or equipment
* Provide accurate recording of time changes, test data, parts usage, etc. This requires limited data interpretation.
* Utilize multiple databases to create/use necessary information to provide information for decision making requiring limited judgment.
* Technical Asset Management
Hours are Monday through Thursday 3:00 PM to 1:30 AM.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* Two-year technical degree in related field or 3 years equivalent experience without a degree
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required
* Technical Degree in a related field is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.