7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
In this role you will:
* Perform direct, on-going supervision and leadership of hourly and salaried associates (in particular, aircraft engine structural component assemblers) in our lean manufacturing production facility.
* Coach and mentor a multi-skilled team with emphasis on quality, customer delivery performance & cost control.
* Perform planning of personnel and facility resources.
* Work adaptively and proactively to address potential performance / delivery issues and apply real-time problem-solving skills to on-going and / or unique obstacles and shortfalls.
* Act as a liaison between team members and other teams.
* Apply your strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to interactions with staff, peers and internal and external customers.
* Ensure team goals are aligned with and represent the company's objectives.
* Apply Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement (CI) tools.
* Demonstrate strong personal commitment to safety and ergonomics.
* Prioritize work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
* Working closely with our program office and materials planning team to manage product delivery requirements and provide updates on critical components.
• At least 4 years of related experience in a manufacturing / production environment
Masters degree with 2 or more years of related experience in a manufacturing / production environment
• At least 2 years of leadership experience
• Ability to provide verification of US Citizenship, permanent residency or work VISA to satisfy ITAR/EAR restrictions.
• Willing to relocate to Foley, Alabama: relocation or interview travel reimbursement may be available.
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to support the business needs.
• Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
• Read, write, speak and understand English language.
• Ability and willingness to work varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends and holidays as required in a salaried exempt role
• Ability to work in a co-located role in a constant state of awareness adhering to shop floor EH&S requirements.
• Demonstrated performance in a fast-paced lean manufacturing environment – Toyota Production System experience is especially valuable
• Prior experience in the aerospace industry, especially in manufacturing of aircraft structural components
• Demonstrated ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
• Experience delivering formal presentations to large groups utilizing Microsoft Office PowerPoint and effective presentation skills.
• Advanced office administration skills such as typing, copying, organization and filing.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Self-directed and action-oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated time, priority and stress management skills in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines while maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on root cause analysis and driving results.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
• Ability to encourage and motivate others to team success.
• Proven leadership skills with ability to develop, enhance and support effective teamwork.
• Experience applying fundamental lean tools to achieve tangible results.
• Advanced knowledge of manufacturing and inspection processes and methods.
• Current United Technologies ACE Operating System Certified Associate or equivalent Lean Manufacturing certification is preferred.
• Ability to work varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays as required in a salaried exempt role.
• Ability to work in compliance with company rules and policies within job function.
• SAP experience is preferred.
Education / Certifications
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.