7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40. The Manufacturing Team Leader directs performance of skilled manufacturing operations. This position is responsible for planning and allocation of resources, materials and scheduling of equipment for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. The Team Leader leads and manages direct and indirect labor workflow and coordinates resources to successfully execute production schedules and quality compliance in accordance with company goals.
* Responsible for supervising employees who touch/work on the products (i.e. assembly, soldering, machining, etc.); Inspect the parts; Sign off on the airworthiness of the repair. Serves as backup to employees and will perform safety-sensitive work as required.
* 2 manufacturing experience
* Oversees monitors and coordinates manufacturing team activities, giving importance to individuals, members' and overall team achievement in achieving policy deployment objectives.
* Analyze team capacity and production data to determine manufacturing processes and required resources
* Troubleshoot and solve production issues
* Support daily Real Time Problem Resolution (RTPR) meetings by providing schedule status and recovery information
* Interpret specifications, blueprints, work instructions and company policies and procedures for team members
* Work proactively in addressing potential issues and apply real-time problem solving skills when working towards resolution
* Participate in and drive Continuous Improvement activities
* Ensure team’s goals are aligned with and represent the company's objectives
* Evaluate and monitor employee performance through performance assessments, developing performance objectives, coaching and counseling and providing and documenting appropriate training
* Maintain operations data and prepare and present information such as results and processes to management and employees
* Champion the organization’s culture and communicate vision and goals regularly
* Ensure team conformance to Business Unit policies and procedures
* Actively support compliance with EH&S policies and regulatory requirements
* Promote an ethics-based business culture within the team
* Work collaboratively to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
* Communicate professionally and effectively
* Other duties as assigned
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, managers or employees
* Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills
* Knowledge of production operations safety requirements
* Familiarity with production shop practices and procedures and having a working knowledge of manufacturing operations
* Understanding of Lean Manufacturing processes and tools
* Experienced in problem solving, planning and project management
* Experience maximizing time, priority and stress management skills in a face paced environment meeting deadline while maintaining a customer oriented demeanor
* Ability to work cooperatively with leaders, peers, customers, and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect
* Ability to lead and motivate teams diverse work groups
* Ability to maintain focus regarding safety, quality and productivity
* Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Ability to bend, stoop, stand, kneel for 8+ hours per day and lift 35+ pounds repetitively with or without accommodation and meet other physical requirements.
* Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and other PPE as needed for 8+ hours per day.
* Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and comply with policies, applicable regulatory, safety and company rules and requirements, operating instructions, procedures and governmental regulations.
* Demonstrate time, priority and stress management skills in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines while maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor.
* Self-directed & action oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision and resolve most questions and problems.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S.
* Bachelor's degree with 4-7+ years related experience OR
* Master's degree with 2-5+ years related experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.