4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Engineer (Manufacturing Specialist) will function as manufacturing process owner / engineer and provide manufacturing support for our composite tool prep and prepreg cutting processes in GE’s Ceramic Matrix Composite (CMC) business. Position requiring understanding of composite concepts, methods and procedures.
In addition, the Engineer (Manufacturing Specialist) will:
* Work with a cross-functional team from the business unit
* Be point of contact for all manufacturing process related issues, and troubleshoot with operations and maintenance to improve machine uptime
* Monitor process KPI’s regularly
* Pareto quality data and apply formal problem-solving techniques to determine root cause, troubleshoot non-conforming product, and develop / implement corrective and preventative action plans to correct high-occurrence and repeat MRB
* Define and control production process including tooling and equipment
* Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment
* Plan and execute equipment, process and / or equipment qualifications
* Own PFMEA for process and implement countermeasures for top RPN failure modes
* Execute routine and complex analyses using vested methods and technologies and / or contribute to technological developments in collaborative team environment
* Collect, prepare and present technical information in professional forums
* Propose, validate, obtain approval for and implement new / improved / modified processes within manufacturing environment based on business pull
* Engage company technical resources regularly to share and leverage best practices from experience / industry / Value Stream
* Provide empirical data feedback to broader process teams for validation / continuous improvement of process
* Establish and validate in-process measurement systems and define associated limits to maintain recipe compliance
* Create procedures and provide training and coaching to manufacturing technicians
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university or college
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* 4 years of experience in Composites, Manufacturing, Production processes
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and the proven ability to apply this knowledge in process improvements and development
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Knowledge of mechanical systems including tension control and mixing processes
* Experience with statistical process control and six sigma techniques
* Experience in managing projects to improve process technology and production efficiency
* Self-motivated individual with experience working in dynamic cross-functional teams
* Basic understanding of process control systems
* Ability to influence others and lead team on projects
* Ability to manage projects including balancing production priorities
* Familiarity working in a FAA regulated industry
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Delaware; Newark
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.