4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In the role of Manufacturing Specialist, you will support assembly manufacturing equipment and processes with a focus on improving uptime and throughput. This position will involve the day to day troubleshooting of equipment problems and the development of long term solutions to sustain production. The Manufacturing Specialist will also work with design engineering for producibility of new products and to incorporate improvements to existing products.
The Manufacturing Specialist should be familiar with current automation and control technologies including servos, PLCs, control interfaces and tooling. Experience with electrical winding equipment is a plus.
Additional responsibilities include :
* Provides day to day support and troubleshooting of all automated equipment across the shop
* Ensures process automation and control system solutions meet all safety, quality, and reliability design criteria
* Provides technical leadership and expert technical support to current Manufacturing Engineers
* Monitors and reports system performance and health metrics
* Ensures adherence to corporate manufacturing systems standards
* Assists with new product introduction initiatives where new equipment development is needed
* Participates in process improvement initiatives with Manufacturing Engineering
* Drives measurable improvements in productivity and product flow
* Leads Action Workouts to improve manufacturing processes
* Provides the technical expertise to develop and implement automated manufacturing processes
* Leads cost-out projects and shop floor action workouts that involve automated equipment
* Works collaboratively across the materials, fulfillment and operations functions to streamline introduction of new processes and improved designs
* Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering / operations discipline from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineering Technician)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience working with automated equipment and controls
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Experience working in a high-volume manufacturing setting
* Knowledge of aerospace motor / generator production methods and processes
* Knowledge of PLCs and programming
* Experience with electrical winding equipment
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Basic electrical knowledge
* Strong documentation skills
* Strong problem-solving abilities
* Six Sigma training or preferred quality training
* Strong oral and written communication skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Vandalia
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.