11 months ago
Come work for GE Aviation, an industry leader! Our sprawling 221 acre site is located in Lynn, MA, where the first American jet engine was built. Our site is accessible through public transportation. Dedicated to innovation in energy, health, transportation, and infrastructure, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs about 300,000 people around the globe. We are looking for students that are interested in a hands-on role in a fast-paced, data driven, manufacturing environment.
In this coop assignment, students will work in a fast-paced, data-driven, manufacturing environment. Assignments will be in the following areas:
* Work with manufacturing and design engineers, planners, machinists, programmers, and facilities leaders
* Assist with planning of methods, tooling, processes and procedures
* Direct the inspection process
* Prepare Job sheets in the manufacturing shops
* Responsible for writing Unigraphics programs for
implementation in manufacturing
* NC (Numerical Control) Programming of hardware
* CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Inspection of hardware
Support Facilities and Machine Repair
* Review designs in the development of fixturing
* Interact with Design teams and manufacturing leaders on
* Prepare change orders/change notices/contract amendments
* Project budget management and tracking
* Coordinate design requirements for contract design projects
with Facilities Maintenance
* Review daily site construction and Maximo reports for tracking
progress of construction
Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (without rounding)
Meet required degree of Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Facility Planning and Management,
Civil Engineering, Facilities Engineering
Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited
baccalaureate or graduate program
Completed on full year of college (rising sophomore)
Willing and available to work at GE Aviation in Lynn, MA.
Legal Authorization to work in US.
experience (mechanical repair,
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Strong organization and time management skills
Demonstrated team player and willingness to learn from others
Desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
Strong knowledge of computer and Microsoft products
One who strives for academic success
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.