3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense, to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it.
We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do. Our global operations team executes a wide variety of manufacturing processes and provides the expertise to make these products a reality through our network of manufacturing centers of excellence. Over 6 million production hours and $1.3B in sales are generated through this organization across.
At UTAS we value people, integrity, ideas and performance. We are looking for results oriented team players to support our growth and transformation. We are currently seeking Operations Leaders to join our growing organization.
• Direct and coordinate activities in any of the following functional areas: Manufacturing, Materials Management, Production Control, Quality Assurance, Production Planning, Manufacturing Engineering and Environmental, Health & Safety to ensure alignment with strategic goals and direction
• Drive Continuous Improvement and Operational excellence
• Guide and support the continuous improvement of plant Environmental Health & Safety programs
• Lead investigations and corrective actions to meet and exceed local and Federal laws
• Guide and support the plant quality procedures and controls to improve quality and overall customer satisfaction
• Ensure customer satisfaction in all areas, including delivery, schedule changes and special instructions
• Support plant maintenance activities in a manner that remains aligned with achieving material and labor productivity plans
• Support long-term strategic initiatives within the manufacturing organization
• Lead in a manner that fosters positive relationships between all levels of the organization
• Model, foster and promote high employee engagement with the goal of creating an inclusive work environment
• Take full accountability for succession-planning activities, ensuring that staff development is a priority
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 10+ years’ experience required (with Bachelor’s degree), OR 7+ years’ experience required (with Master’s degree)
* 5 years+ of Operations experience
* Must have experience working in a Lean culture and implementing Lean manufacturing processes, operating systems, and tools
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Persons (Permanent Resident)
* Previous experience working in a TMS or TPS environment
* Proficiency in Materials Management as demonstrated by previous work experience with direct responsibility for Materials Management in a manufacturing setting
* Experience either working in a digital manufacturing setting or implementing data and analytics capabilities intended to support operational decision-making
* Deep expertise in Lean as demonstrated by completion of formal certifications
* Experience working in a Lean culture and implementing Lean manufacturing processes, operating systems and tools
* Ability to motivate and sustain a high performance and “customer first” culture down to the lowest levels in the organization as “a way of doing business”.
* Proven track record of selecting and developing leadership talent
* Demonstrated previous experience in managing change to include recognizing when change is necessary, planning for change, and creating a culture accepts change
* Ability to demonstrate exceptional technical proficiency and advanced problem-solving capabilities
* A willingness to champion a continuous improvement mindset and to support change initiatives at all levels
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* BA or BS degree in Engineering, or related study, with 10+ years’ experience required
* MA or MS degree in Engineering, or related study, with 7+ years’ experience required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.