3 months ago
Requisition ID: 10398
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician - Second Shift to join our team in Melbourne, FL (1050). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is concerned with performing scheduled and unscheduled and preventative maintenance on production and facility support equipment. Activities will include troubleshooting and repairing electrical and mechanical related machine problems, utilizing assorted testing equipment such as volt/amp meter, mego-meters, oscilloscopes, and anemometers. This position also performs basic electronic troubleshooting skills to diagnose sysmptions with least board level, component level troubleshooting abilities.
* Primary Duties:
* Ability to perform major and minor repairs, tests, and calibration for mechanical, electrical, and electronically controlled production and facility support equipment.
* Perform basic troubleshooting of electrical high voltage and control in addition to electronic control circuits and have the ability to read and understand electrical schematic and electronic diagrams.
* Follows machine repair specifications and adhere to assigned maintenance schedules.
* Creates machine logs that accurately document machine malfunctions and downtime when performing unscheduled maintenance.
* Seconday Duties:
* General repair and troubleshooting of facility related items such as compressed air systems, rotary and reciprocating vacuum systems, minor restrooms repairs, PVC, copper, and galvanized plumbing repair and installation, and possess the ability to learn and understand security, fire, and energy management systems.
* Installs new equipment, moves and sets up equipment, as required.
* May assist during installation and electrical wiring and hookups for work tables, lamps, and other electrical equipment in support of facilities operation moves and work cell relocation.
* Performs general facilities and maintenance tasks required to support business operations.
* Chemical handling and emergency response to minor spills will be required.
* Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related experience
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
* Must be able to interpret electrical, mechanical, and electronic wiring diagrams.
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. with no restrictions.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.