4 months ago
Keyword: Manufacturing Line Manager (MLM)
Request Number: SCR
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: St-Hubert (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 9501-Plant 5 Operations
Division: Customer Service
Sector: Service Center
Posting Start Date: 2018-02-15
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Area of Expertise:
Performance of skilled manufacturing operations such as production machining, assembly/test, inspection, electrical/electronics or construction. Planning and allocation of resources, materials and scheduling of equipment for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. Establish physical layout of machinery and most efficient sequence of operations and work flow.
Level of Responsibility:
· Has responsibility for entire systems, projects, programs or operational unit across or within functional areas.
· Accountable for budget, staffing, and/or business/operational results.
· Has other managers and/or senior individual contributors reporting in.
Specific responsibilities of position: Responsible to plan and manage all functions related to assembly and test of MRO engines or repair of components. Accountable for on-time delivery, product quality, implementation of continuous improvement initiatives (productivity improvement, cost reduction, new technology, etc.), budget, and support to external and internal customers. Responsibilities also include maintaining a safe work environment and the management and development of employees within the organization. Responsible for coordinating operations transformation initiatives, and implementing “Lean Manufacturing” techniques and principles.
Also responsible to:
• Attract, develop, and retain talent to ensure that people with the right skills and motivation are in place.
• Lead High Performance Work Groups: Implement a culture of innovation within organizational groups that leads to greater excellence through continuous improvement.
• Facilitate and Implement Innovation: Foster a culture of innovation. Implement new systems and processes that make effective use of available resources and opportunities.
• Customer Value: Lead the implementation of new processes, activities, or culture that enhances the customer experience.
• Drive Performance: Achieve results personally and from work groups; sets performance expectations and holds people accountable for achieving results.
• Nourish a collaborative work environment.
Qualifications required: • Strategic leadership;
• Building Trust;
• Selecting & Developing Talent;
• Focus on Results;
• Communication / Listening;
• Business innovation;
• Adaptability ;
• Analytical capability;
• Forward thinking;
• Customer focus;
• Business Judgment;
• Knowledge of “Lean Manufacturing” principles and an understanding of assembly and test or machining procedures would be assets..
Field of studies: Administration/Commerce, Aeronautics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Operations Management
Additional Information: Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.