5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Focus on projects / process improvement to ensure that processes and products are designed with appropriate quality measurement systems. Minimize risk of poor quality. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures (technical Bachelor’s Degree).
In addition you will :
* Drive lean manufacturing activities including methods, tools, roadmap systems, elaboration, and deployment for the assembly and bonding shops
* Manage industrial improvement projects including process improvement, green field, revamp-up or extension, localization of manufacturing activities, etc.
* Executes routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and / or contributes to technological developments in teams under supervision
* Facilitate, train, and coach team members in the use of Lean and Six Sigma
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Process Improvement position
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong problem solving skills
* Additional leadership experience in the areas of Operations, Manufacturing, or Quality
* Six Sigma Black Belt, Master Black Belt certification or equivalent Quality certification
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Middle River Aircraft Systems has been designing, building and servicing the world's best aircraft for seventy years. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay, Middle River Aircraft Systems (MRAS) operates a 1.7 million square feet facility on 180 acres. One of the country's biggest suppliers of aircraft during World War II, today MRAS is dedicated to meeting the aircraft industry's specialized needs.
MRAS works with the industry's major airframers and engine producers to design, build and support the structures that complement their products. MRAS is one of the world's leading suppliers of jet engine thrust reversers -- the brakes of a jet engine - providing reversers for both General Electric and Pratt & Whitney, the world's largest aircraft engine manufacturers. The company also produces a variety of specialized structures for major aircraft manufacturers including Boeing and Lockheed Martin for both commercial and military aircraft. In addition to design and manufacturing, MRAS provides overhaul and repair services for a variety of aerostructures. Aftermarket and support customers include nearly every major domestic commercial airline and many international airlines. Our maintenance team, combined with our spare parts distribution center, keeps customers flying around the world. Come learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.