11 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years. Within ISR & Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines. The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, flexible, possess a positive attitude and be eager to apply and expand their engineering/ leadership skills in a highly ethical manner while supporting the Integrated Product Development Team model and supervising our newly created 2nd shift as the foreman. Through this support he or she will have overall accountability to ensure products are manufactured to meet engineering requirements, program staffing needs, program budgets, and program schedules while ensuring compliance with all applicable Government, Corporate, Site, Divisional, and business unit level regulations, policies and procedures. As the area Foreman, the candidate would: Be responsible for the effective management of (7) hourly associates through prompt resolution of all employee grievances in strict accordance with the existing labor contract. Work to establish touch labor cost targets on shop/ lab activities as requested. Work with the Manufacturing Control Planner to establish the schedule of all Assembly efforts. Lead 3P events, Value Stream Mapping events, and the implementation of Process Certification.
* 10-15 years of experience.
* Microsoft Windows,
* MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) system skills required.
Experience in determining the following
* Manufacturing methods writing manufacturing assembly documentation in order to assemble high quality, highly engineered hardware.
* Background courses in mechanical design and/or manufacturing are desired.
* Experience in Labor Relations is also desired.
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, machining concepts and special processing, such as welding and brazing, is desirable.
* Strong knowledge of Continuous improvement methods (ACE or the DMAIC model) and demonstrated use of their tools is desirable
*Education / Certifications
* BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a Technology Degree,
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.