about 1 year ago
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for directing processes of Manufacturing Engineers. This position will ensure that the methods and processes utilized meet design objectives and will lead and develop a high performance Manufacturing Engineering team and will provide leadership in developing new or improved products/processes/techniques.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Provides technical support, supervision, and guidance to manufacturing engineers to ensure successful development of manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
2. Provides on the job training for assigned Manufacturing Engineers.
3. Oversees the compilation and evaluation of test and production data and preparation of technical analysis.
4. Design tools and fixtures for assembly and acceptance testing.
5. Develops routings and labor standards and updates the Vantage system.
6. Oversees the creation of work instructions - develops Job Cards from design engineering drawings and writes and/or modifies assembly work instructions and acceptance test procedures.
7. Performs Line Balancing and Product Line Layouts for increased efficiency and flow.
8. Provides engineering support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of assembly operations.
9. Provides input to plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, ERP support studies, factory cost work standard’s development, and other related activities.
10. Provides assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, engineering change orders, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
11. Uses DFM/DFA Techniques to assist Project/Design Engineering on the development of new products and the redesign of existing products.
12. Analyzes customer returns for root cause and leads corrective action efforts in cooperation with program management and quality.13. Advises Team Leaders how to best utilize lean principles to eliminate waste, improve quality, safety, ergonomics and throughput.
13. Provides coaching, counseling, and guidance to assigned work group, monitoring progress and giving guidance on work performance. Provides supervisory direction to all assigned personnel; selects personnel; prepares performance review; administers discipline; makes recommendations regarding compensation, lateral moves, promotion, demotion, and termination of employees.
14. Promotes a culture of safety by ensuring duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the TIMCO Safety Manual.
15. Attends required meetings to discuss critical path areas, planned work, critical parts, and overall program status.
16. Interacts with Business Planner, Quality Manager, and Team Leader to set and prioritize daily activities and product delivery schedule.
17. Creates and leads a continuous improvement with emphasis on assembly flow to achieve desired TAKT
18. Participates in daily production meetings and implements relevant production schedules for the business unit.
19. Leads continuous improvement analysis to identify and resolve assembly line process problems, including implementation of Lean and/or Six Sigma best practices.
20. Ensures adherence to all TIMCO Aerosystems quality standards and FAA regulations.
1. Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering Degree (BS) from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Five (5) years manufacturing experience.
3. Experience with mechanical systems and lean manufacturing principles.
4. Familiarity with a diverse range of materials (i.e. aluminum alloys, stainless steel alloys, engineering polymers, composites, etc.).
5. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and technical data.
6. Capable of applying statistical analysis techniques such as Design of Experiments, Optimization, Process Reliability, Hypothesis Testing and Regression Analysis.
7. Experience with 3-D Modeling software (Uni-graphics, Solid Works, or Solid Edge) is required.
8. Strong analytical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
9. Strong leadership skills, including the ability to train, direct and develop human resources.
10. Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
1. Experience within commercial aircraft seating (assembly) environment.
2. Lean implementation with emphasis on standard work & line balancing.
3. Experience establishing operational objectives and performance metrics.
4. DMAIC problem solving.