5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The role of Manufacturing Engineering Composite Technical Leader provides leaderships for the composite Manufacturing Engineering team. In the role of Manufacturing Engineering Composite Technical Leader, you will utilize your Composites experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals. .
The role of Manufacturing Engineering Composite Technical Leader will play a key role in supporting NPI programs for the Middle River site, ensuring that project goals are achieved and mentoring and developing engineers within the composites team.
Additionally, as the Manufacturing Engineering Composite Technical Leader , your responsibilities will include :
* Lead New Technology Initiatives associated with composites manufacturing and share best practices with other locations
* Design and build / procure necessary tooling and finishing within budgets
* Develop and maintain manufacturing methods, create process routing for composite parts
* Support equipment upgrades from purchase through installation
* Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipmen
* Ensure processes contribute to a safe work environment
* Drive Process Improvement / Cycle Reduction initiatives and drive productivity improvements via process changes or improvements
* Identify and reduce sources of labor efficiency variations
* Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation
* Lead high impact process and quality improvement projects yielding significant reduction in defects and increased productivity in the Cell
* Attend weekly cross-functional quality sessions and track / drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for Cell issues
* Provide day to day leadership to a team of engineers
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Production Process and Equipment
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to communicate technical detail clearly and concisely
* Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications associated with composite part designs
* Lean principles working knowledge
* Catia V5 knowledge
* Automated Fiber Placement experience
* New Product introduction experience
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Middle River Aircraft Systems has been designing, building and servicing the world's best aircraft for seventy years. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay, Middle River Aircraft Systems (MRAS) operates a 1.7 million square feet facility on 180 acres. One of the country's biggest suppliers of aircraft during World War II, today MRAS is dedicated to meeting the aircraft industry's specialized needs.
MRAS works with the industry's major airframers and engine producers to design, build and support the structures that complement their products. MRAS is one of the world's leading suppliers of jet engine thrust reversers -- the brakes of a jet engine - providing reversers for both General Electric and Pratt & Whitney, the world's largest aircraft engine manufacturers. The company also produces a variety of specialized structures for major aircraft manufacturers including Boeing and Lockheed Martin for both commercial and military aircraft. In addition to design and manufacturing, MRAS provides overhaul and repair services for a variety of aerostructures. Aftermarket and support customers include nearly every major domestic commercial airline and many international airlines. Our maintenance team, combined with our spare parts distribution center, keeps customers flying around the world. Come learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.