7 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E’s Lighting & Integrated Systems offers a variety of solutions to business jet and commercial OEM’s as well as airlines directly. Major product lines include Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Cabin Management System, Coax Cable & Trays, System Upgrade Provisions, Aerostructures & Interior Assemblies, Engineering, Design and Certification.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Manufacturing Engineering Co-op in our Lighting & Integrated Systems business located in Bohemia, NY.
This position will have the opportunity to work with and learn from the Manufacturing Engineering team on the ground level of production for aircraft interiors. We are looking for a current student seeking real-world experience and opportunity.
* Support Manufacturing Engineering activities such as research, simple tool design, test, modification, fabrication and assembly of electro and mechanical products.
* Develop methods and shop routings.
* Participate in failure root cause analysis and engineering changes.
* Write work instructions.
* Assist with maintaining manufacturing engineering documentation (scanning, drawing and filing).
* Must be enrolled in an Engineering or Math degree program at an accredited institution, preferably Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering. Junior year student or higher preferred.
* Able to work full-time schedule during summers/breaks and part-time during semesters.
* Knowledge of manufacturing test, development and diagnostic equipment.
* Prior knowledge of assembly operations.
* Microsoft Office experience; Powerpoint and Excel.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.