8 months ago
The Manufacturing Engineer - Manufacturing Engineering Test Specialist will be responsible for covering a wide range of areas from board level electronic troubleshooting and repair to high speed rotating machinery diagnostics. This is a hands-on technical position involving special use test equipment. The specialist should be an advocate of change and advance current test methods in order to utilize the latest technologies.
In addition, the Manufacturing Engineer - Manufacturing Engineering Test Specialist will:
* Challenge with interesting projects and the day-to-day troubleshooting of existing equipment
* Provide the technical expertise to troubleshoot, repair and maintain various pieces of test equipment
* Represent the company in dealings with outside contractors / vendors
* Provide ongoing support to all aspects of facility operations and test equipment needs
* Provide 24 / 7 support to plant operations with a rotating call schedule
* Provide the technical knowledge to design and build test equipment as needed to meet production needs
* Update equipment schematics as modifications / repairs are done
* Provide technical leadership in the development and installation of automated test equipment
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Electrical Engineering)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Strong documentation skills and computer skills
* Strong mechanical aptitude and excellent root cause analysis skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Experience with electro-mechanical machine controls
* Experience with temperature control processes
* Experience with hydraulics
* Experience with pneumatics
* Experience with high voltage electricity
* Experience with high-speed gearboxes
* Experience with industrial vibration equipment
* Experience with large motors
* Experience with data acquisition systems
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Vandalia
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.