10 months ago
GE Aviation is the world leading producer of Aircraft Engines &Avionic Systems. GE Aviation’s development programs gain broad exposure to varied areas in manufacturing, engine services & sourcing / materials related on their field of study. Experienced managers & mentors provide development during their assignments. Participants build leadership & functional skills through structured hands-on & class room training that complements challenging work experience.
The Technical Talent Development Program focuses on Engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures. Rotations allow for students to have a truly diverse experience while building industry expertise. Manufacturing & Process Engineering Roles vary across shops
* Can include advanced machining processes such as grind, mill, drill, EDM and lasers
* Be responsible for design / build of tooling and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes
* Learn about welding & joining processes such as Electron Beam, Laser Gas Tungsten Arc and brazing
* Gain automation experience in use of robotics, CMM measurement and Vision systems and use of machine controllers in support of manufacturing loss reduction projects
* Work in engine assembly and test sites with a focus on fundamentals in areas such as rotor stack, balance, torque and grind as they relate to engine assembly
* Learn digital solutions through 3-D modeling using CAD / CAM software and advance to additional concepts such as geometric dimension, tolerance, drafting, planning and assemblies
* Quality starts with Learn LEAN, Six Sigma tools, and Special Processes Technologies at GE Aviation
* Locations we are hiring for include: Hooksett NH, Rutland VT, Wilmington NC, West Jefferson NC, Lynn MA, Dayton OH, Terre Haute IN, and McAllen TX.
* Completion (or nearing completion) of a full time and accredited 2 year or 4 year degreed program (program completed no later than August 2018)
* Meet degree major requirements in:
* Mechanical Engineering Technology
* Electrical Engineering Technology
* Manufacturing Engineering Technology
* Aviation Engineering Technology
* or related field
* Minimum 3.0 GPA without rounding
* Our positions require access to export controlled information. Due to that requirement, you must be one of the following:
* (1) U.S. Citizen or National
* (2) U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident
* (3) Person granted Refugee status in the United States
* (4) Person granted Asylee status in the United States
* (5) A Special Agricultural Worker under section 210, or
* (6) a beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program under section 245A of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* A strong commitment to a career in Manufacturing and process engineering
* An analytical approach to problem solving
* Knowledge of computer and Microsoft products
* The willingness and ability to learn from others
* Ability to be agile as business needs change and shift frequently
* Demonstrated leadership and team player
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* One who strives for academic excellence and shows initiative
* Desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
* CAD / CAM (GE uses Siemens Unigraphics / NX, Catia and MasterCam)
* Familiarity with machine shop tools, methods, cutters, multi-axis mills, lathes and drilling equipment
* Familiarity with engineering drawings, 3D modeling & CNC applications
* Engineering & Manufacturing software development-Engine test processes & digital solutions rotations
* Willing to work in a combined office / shop environment
* Locations we are hiring for include:
* Arkansas City, KS
* Auburn, AL
* Dayton, OH
* Evendale, OH
* Hooksett NH
* Lynn, MA
* McAllen, TX
* Rutland, VT
* Terre Haute, IN
* West Jefferson, NC
* Wilmington, NC
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Vermont; Wilmington, Evendale, Cincinnati, Arkansas City, Hooksett, Rutland, West Jefferson, Lynn, Boston, Dayton, Vandalia, Terre Haute, McAllen, Auburn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.