5 months ago
Applies advanced knowledge of principles, theories and concepts and industry standards and practices to the planning, coordination and improvement of the production processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity in the planning, scheduling and manufacturing engineering fields that require judgment and ingenuity. Performs work under general management direction.
* Supports production with process improvement activities, improved hand, jig and fixture tooling, process improvement and reduction of paperwork requirements. Functions as the manufacturing project manager for all assigned areas and provides technical leadership to others as required.
* Participates in the lean rapid improvement events and makes individual contributions to lean manufacturing efforts focusing on reducing time and material waste from the processes. Follows up on assigned actions
* Reviews and evaluates special product requests from customer for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, quality standards, and specifications. Coordinates the design to meet customer requirements and discusses proposal with customer representatives, engineers, and other personnel.
* Confers with management in planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. May provide tooling specifications and designs as required.
* Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
* Estimates production time, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions. Evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
* Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
* Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Bachelor degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university and two (2) years related experience and/or training. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
* Experience with SAP, Solumina, and CATIA V5 preferred
* 6-9 Month Assignment.
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.