5 months ago
Keyword: Manufacturing Engineer - Engine Assembly
Request Number: OPS
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Mirabel (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 4599-Engine Center Mirabel Ie
Sector: Engine Centre
Posting Start Date: 2018-04-18
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: The Engine Center manufacturing engineering team provides strategic expertise to Pratt & Whitney Canada's engine assembly plants. The group, present in the company's various engine assembly plants, manages continuous improvement projects, industrial layouts and new technology deployment in order to increase the competitiveness of these plants. Responsible for the smooth operation and continuous improvement of the highly automated equipment of the Mirabel assembly and testing center. Intervenes as second responder during unplanned operations shutdown. Provides technical support or coordination of technical support for automated production equipment for the assembly plant and test cell. Ensures permanent problems resolutions that have caused production stoppages, including research and in-depth analysis of causes of breakage or malfunctions. Analyze data to recommend and make system improvements. Starts and leads projects to improve the reliability, automation and integration of plant production equipment. Ensures compliance of assembly plants with quality and health & safety requirements. Ensures rigorous maintenance of the configuration of the systems (software or electrical) for which he has the responsibility.
Specific responsibilities of position: The selected candidate will be part of a 4-person team integrating automated assembly line technology for C Series engines and similar models. This integration includes: technical support for equipment, integration of TMS (Torque Management System) technology, improvement of RSView interfaces and ce of system documentation, integration of new technologies of assembly, workshop management with assemblers. The candidate will budget the result of these recommendations, develop a project plan and implement it while maintaining a two-way communication with other team members, maintenance and support groups.
Level of responsability:
- Responsible for several minor projects and / or a major project
- Contributes to the team or department by applying knowledge in one or more functional areas
- Is a seasoned professional able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Has a thorough knowledge of his discipline and his role
Qualifications required: Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree with 7 years of experience or more
- Available for shift starting at 6:30
Other: - Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.
- Demonstrated expertise in PLC ControlLogix programming.
- Good communicator with listening skills.
- Experience as a change agent in a production environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer tools such as: Microsoft Office, Visio and MS-Project.
- Recognized knowledge of value-added production principles.
- Bilingual: French and English.
Field of studies: Industrial Automatisation, Electrical Engineering
Additional Information :