3 months ago
The Boeing Company is recruiting for Manufacturing Engineers to join our teams in the Puget Sound area of Seattle, Washington
Boeing Production Engineering (PE), an organization of over 4,000 employees, supports all aspects of Boeing Commercial Airplanes from product conception to customer support. PE designs, deploys, operates and maintains the production system that enables the build of the airplanes for The Boeing Company.
PE is the hub of all activity within Boeing as we coordinate with everyone who has anything to do with the airplane including design, manufacturing, suppliers, and customers. We also establish common processes, standards and procedures that the company uses to comply with government, regulatory and competitive obligations.
We are able to accomplish these goals by investing in both our people and our leadership.
* Integrates producibility and manufacturability knowledge, information and requirements into the acquire and define program phases as the designated Integrated Product Team (IPT) interface.
* Conceptualizes, designs and manages the program architecture for build.
* Defines, develops and implements the manufacturing plan and represents the program as the primary manufacturing integrator throughout the acquire, define, produce and support phases of the product life cycle.
* Develops advanced manufacturing and engineering technologies and advocates, teaches and deploys company
* Lean Enterprise analysis methods and application of lean processes and tools. Interfaces with regulatory agencies, professional associations, suppliers and internal and external customers to implement program initiatives.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* 2 years experience in 3-D modeling (Catia V5, SolidWorks, PRO-E)
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Experience working in a production environment
Working hands on building things. Automotive, wood working, etc
Preferred degrees are ABET accredited:
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Material Science and Engineering
Plastics Engineering Technology
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award