about 1 year ago
Manufacturing Engineer, Cost Reduction
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52156BR Date posted 08/09/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Actuation Systems, Regional and Business Jet Programs in Rockford, IL is seeking a Cost Reduction Manufacturing Engineer develop and manage part cost models. This role will focus on evaluating and assessing the business impact of new product designs, new technology and product design changes
* Define estimating rationale to support part cost.
* Review engineering changes, part drawings and manufacturing data to analyze impact to manufacturing cost.
* Support Technology Readiness and Manufacturing Readiness by providing cost estimates and evaluations.
* Utilize modes to identify cost opportunity associated with manufacturing production.
* Identify continuous/process improvement initiatives. Lead/support Kaizen event as needed.
* Minimum of 10 years experience in Electronics Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field
Solid electronics/mechanical product knowledge and background
* Electronics/mechanical product knowledge and background
Strong communication skills (written & verbal).
Experience managing team directly and indirectly.
Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Central procurement purchasing knowledge
Lean manufacturing experience.
SAP experience preferred.
* Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering or a related Engineering field. Maters Degree Preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.