29 days ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Manufacturing Engineers are responsible for the performance of a wide range of tasks and services in support of assembly operations, production and business unit objectives.
This position allows you to apply your knowledge and experience of tooling and manufacturing methods and techniques within a specific component of a project.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be contributing to the final assembly of these services for our customers, thus helping UTC Aerospace Systems to maintain its standing as one of the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products.
In this role you will:
* Follow specific instructions to continually improve quality and productivity for products and processes within a designated area/project that meet or exceed national and international government standards with little to no guidance needed
* Maintain statistical and financial records for assigned projects and processes to minimize waste where necessary while meeting all standards for quality and time
* Suggest capital project improvements in order to satisfy production requirements; document, specify and justify all such projects
* Collaborate with a team of engineers to ensure all product and system requirements are taken in to consideration
* Provide support for technical problems, including safety and ergonomics, with minimal supervision and at times providing guidance to associate engineers
You will be required to:
* Perform various levels of manufacturing tasks, making full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
* Be highly productive in use of analysis tools such as ANPO, CFD and ACTRAN and other software, such as CATIA and MRP / ERP systems.
* Multitask, problem solve, and manage resources along with effective time management and organizational skills.
* Apply your deep knowledge of shop procedures, planning, and technical information.
* Read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
* Apply your knowledge of aluminum, steels, nickel base alloys, titanium, composites, graphite epoxy, Kevlar, fiberglass and adhesives.
* Read and interpret specifications and engineering drawings.
* Develop and implement innovative solutions to problems involving quality, on-time delivery, manufacturing costs, etc.
* Masters degree in Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering
* Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering (if in combination with at least 2 years of engineering experience.
* In-depth understanding of variety manufacturing tasks, standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
* High competency with analysis tools such as ANPO, CFD and ACTRAN.
* Ability to multitask, problem solve, and manage resources along with effective time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to Read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
* Knowledge of various CATIA and PC systems.
* Knowledge of production-related systems, such as MRP, ERP and / or MES.
* Knowledge of aluminum, steels, nickel base alloys, titanium, composites, graphite epoxy, Kevlar, fiberglass and adhesives.
* Ability to read and interpret Specifications and Engineering Drawings.
* Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems involving quality, on-time delivery, manufacturing costs, etc.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. Therefore, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering required
* Masters degree in Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
about 1 year ago
only 23 days until close
2 months ago
only 21 days until close
9 days ago
only 19 days until close
only 27 days until close