5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this role you, will lead the development & implementation of manufacturing processes to achieve high volume production of complex aircraft engine components. Success in this role will be defined by your ability to create processes that meet drawing requirements, have high yield & minimize risk of deviation / scrap, meet required production rates (takt time) and achieve or beat production cost targets. This role demands someone with a strong, continuous learning mindset.
* Design fixturing, lifting devices and tools for CNC milling, turning, shot peen and part marking
* Develop programs for use with CNC milling, turning, shot peen, part marking and similar equipment
* Research and implement other technologies to achieve continuous improvement targets
* Develop 2-5 axis CNC programs using Siemens Unigraphics NX 7-10
* Simulate and verify CNC programs using Vericut or similar tool path simulation packages
* Prepare job documentation, including clearly written work instructions
* Read and interpret technical drawings
* Read and understand CNC machine code (G & M code programming)
* Conduct process improvement and optimization activities in support of manufacturing yield, cycle, cost, safety and inventory
* Contribute new ideas and positive support to improve the state of current process
* Work within cross-functional teaming organization spanning production, quality, engineering, sourcing, etc.
* Assist in solving manufacturing quality issues using root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions
* Exercise leadership in communicating business goals / programs / processes. Ability to mentor new / other programmers
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* In depth knowledge and experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD)
* In depth knowledge and experience with machining tool and fixturing design
* Strong ability to program and operate multiple types of CNC manufacturing machinery
* Familiarity with a variety of controller types including Fanuc 18i / 18T / 30i, Heidenhain Mill Plus / iTNC, Okuma OSP
* In depth knowledge of Unigraphics NX 7.5-10
* Previous experience within the aerospace manufacturing industry
* Works well independently and within cross-functional group settings
* Ability to influence and lead small teams
* Quick learner with passion for implementing new technologies & methods
* Curious, Creative and passionate about life-long learning
* Strong customer focus, particularly in meeting the needs & expectations of the production teams
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Strong oral & written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent quality training
Locations: United States; North Carolina; Asheville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.