6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
UTAS SIS Burnsville, is seeking a manufacturing engineer to bring their unique skills and experience to join a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to develop, implement and maintain methods and processes in the manufacture and fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Using your technical expertise, you will initiate and drive manufacturing cost improvements, support daily production needs, lead problem-solving events, and project manage process improvements. You’ll bring your value and expertise to the business by identifying cost reduction and yield improvement opportunities.
In this role you will:
* Plan the sequence of operations for fabrication of product to ensure excellent product quality and performance.
* Design and/or modify fixtures for maintaining repeatability.
* Create detailed work instructions focused on the layout of assembly and materials handling operations.
* Solve opportunities for reducing COPQ using RCCA analysis to identify and work projects.
* May assist in developing time and cost estimates.
* Solve problems using RCCA analysis of a situation to meet the quality specification requirements of the customer.
* Utilize lean manufacturing principles for removing non-value added waste within the manufacturing process.
* Provide analysis of data in support of product and process improvements.
* 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to work independently.
* Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering experience.
* Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work.
* Proficient project management skills.
* Lean manufacturing experience
* Working knowledge of SAP and EPEC (or Teamcenter)
* 3D CAD modeling software experience
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen. Note: Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year). Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.