5 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58759BR Date posted 01/05/City Wilson
State North Carolina
Manufacturing Engineer, UTC Aerospace Systems, Kidde Fire Protection Systems (FPS)
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Kidde Fire Protection Systems (FPS) Systems is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Wilson location. Kidde FPS is a global organization of close to 900 employees with offices in the UK, Australia, France and Germany and headquartered in Wilson, North Carolina, USA. We design, manufacture and service fire protection systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms.
We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity for this individual to have responsibility for:
* Analysis of operational processes, development of equipment, tooling, documentation, and procedures in support of production requirements.
* Assess and develop advanced manufacturing technologies and automation for integration into production processes
* Manage capital projects through concept, specification development, financial justification, vendor selection, build, and installation.
* Continually improve quality and productivity for products with processes within supported cell/area thru projects.
* Provide technical support for safety and ergonomics within cell/area.
* Address technical problems varying in scope from moderate to difficult with minimal to no supervision.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
* A strong mechanical background along with experienced hands-on trouble shooting of assembly or process issues.
* Welding knowledge/experience
* ACE Associate
* Familiar with Lean Mfg tools
* SAP, LabView, Solidworks, MS Access, and SQL experience a plus
Education: - BS degree in engineering field is required. Mechanical or Aerospace disciplines are preferred.
- 3+ years relevant experience in mechanical, manufacturing, or process engineering is required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.