9 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54480BR Date posted 09/29/City Windsor Locks
The UTC Re-Empower Program helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, enhance leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. Over the course of the 16-week program, experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive coaching to guide their return to work experience. Upon completion of the program, based on performance, Re-Empower participants may have an opportunity to convert to a full-time role.
The first cohort of the UTC Re-Empower Program will run from January 22, 2018 – May 11, 2018.
This Manufacturing Engineer will have a diversified group of responsibilities focused on maintaining and improving production product flow. Investigate and resolve technical production processes on existing product. Continuous improvement of production processes as part of our ACE culture. Identify, manage, and drive to closure strategic initiatives for the benefit of the organization. Ensure compliance to company, customer, and government standards.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
- Coordinate with the team to implement lean transformation/capital projects
- Participate in root cause investigations
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Program Qualifications
To qualify for the UTC Re-Empower Program, candidates should:
- Currently be on a voluntary break of at least two years or more
- Have a minimum of five years of professional work experience
- Have an interest in returning to work in a full-time position
- Have an ability to attend the Re-Empower Program Orientation at UTC Headquarters in Farmington, CT on January 22 – January 24, 2018
Desired qualifications include:
- SAP experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Solumina experience
- Adaptable in rapid response situations
BA/BS degree in a technical discipline (Mechanical Eng., Industrial Eng., etc)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.