7 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
This role is a manufacturing engineering contact person focused on process development, testing and system level integration of MX Product within a New Product Introduction Team. Working in a cross-functional team, this person is responsible for developing and implementing manufacturing processes and test equipment in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
* Responsible for the development of manufacturing processes for new product, based on engineering specification, including PFMEA, SPC and new test equipment development
* Point of contact for assistance in resolving sub-assembly and system level issues
* Facilitating and leading cell teams through problem solving process on key issues, starting with containment
* Attend NPI (New Product Introduction) Team meetings as required to support the introduction of new product to the factory
* Performing product/process analysis with a focus on improving process capabilities/efficiencies, product quality and cost
* Responsible for identifying failure trends, conducting root cause analysis and developing corrective actions
* Review change requests generated and implement changes as required such as Work Instructions, Conversion Instructions, ECRs, ECOs, etc…
* Lead and support continuous improvement/lean manufacturing initiatives and projects
* Strong presentation/communication skills required to present manufacturing engineering activities to management at regular meetings
* Select and justify equipment purchase associated with the introduction of new product manufacturing and test processes
* Familiar with Electro-Mechanical and Optics manufacturing and test processes
* Strong knowledge of PFMEA, FPA, SPC and other Lean Tools
* Excellent electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose problems quickly and efficiently providing direction to the manufacturing team
* Successful implementation of Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing principles
* Excellent technical communication skills both written and verbal
* Dynamic, resourceful team member that is known for sense of initiative, urgency and innovation
* Quick and effective problem solver
* Superior organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
* Basic coding knowledge of C+, C#, Visual Basic is an asset, but not required
* AS9100 knowledge and experience an asset, but not required
Experience & Education requirements
* Must have a well-rounded electro-mechanical background with manufacturing engineering experience in a high tech, fast paced environment
* University degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering or college diploma in Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology, Mechatronics Engineering Technology or similar
(Professional Designation is an asset)
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing engineering capacity, NPI experience an asset but not required
* Lean Green Belt Certification or equivalent industry lean experience
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam