6 months ago
Requisition ID: 8752
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Manufacturing Electrical Engineer to join our team in Melbourne, FL (1050). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Responsible for engineering support during the assembly, test, and acceptance processes in the manufacture of Rockwell Collins products. This includes responsibility for specific process or environmental areas. Incumbent may be assigned to a specific product line or Integrated Product Team (IPT). Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
* Maintains cognizance and control over Engineering support costs to Mfg.
* Provides technical interpretation of drawings and specifications of moderately complex products.
* Works with Design Engineers to analyze and resolve design tolerance problems. Coordinates design changes or improvements with Design Engineering.
* Evaluate, select and recommend capital test equipment when appropriate using sound cost/payback analysis.
* Evaluate Customer Returned Good (CRG) activity to repair and return units in the most efficient manner. Evaluate failure data for trends.
* Provide capacity planning and utilization analysis for accurate staffing and test equipment needs.
* Eliminate/reduce test defects and improve test yields. Perform root cause analysis and take corrective action to resolve test failures.
* Studies test equipment performance and reliability, and establishes programs and solutions for decreasing equipment downtime.
* Intermediate use and application of standard engineering and manufacturing principles and processes.
* Develops solutions to technical problems of moderate scope and difficulty under the guidance of more senior engineers.
* Failure to achieve results will adversely impact product quality or delivery schedules.
* Develops, implements and maintains test methods and processes in the manufacture and test of sub-assembly, module, and top level product for moderately difficult product lines.
* Determines proper test flows and sequencing for the efficient flow of assigned products.
* Provides technical assistance and training support to floor test technicians.
* Maintains test documentation in current configuration and oversees accurate change management procedures for test documents for assigned products.
* Analyzes established manufacturing test processes for cost reduction opportunities.
* Develops working knowledge of moderately difficult test systems and hardware.
* Provides technical assistance and support to sub-assembly and top-level testing.
* May provide Material Review Board analysis and disposition of Rockwell Collins and/or supplier products.
* Individual job duties may vary.
Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Candidate must have an Electrical Engineering degree.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.