8 months ago
Manufacturing Assembly Supervisor/Cell Leader
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57858BR Date posted 12/13/City Irvine
N2 Imaging Systems, a UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) company, is an acknowledged leader in the design and manufacture of compact, low power, visible and infrared imaging systems used for soldier vision enhancement, targeting, and surveillance during day, night or low-visibility conditions. Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum. Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
N2 is currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced Assembly Supervisor to assist in leading and directing a fast-paced and dynamic manufacturing team.
1. Oversight for the overall coordination of work in the Assembly group at our assembly and test manufacturing facility
2. Motivating, training and directing test technicians on the supervisor’s team
3. This is an on-the-floor supervisory role, as a working supervisor the incumbent will be expected to learn hands-on Assembly activities and must learn the basic operations the assembly Technician team, including:
* Operate computer-assisted equipment.
* Read and interpret instructions and assembly procedures.
* Ensure manufacturing steps are followed and quality product is assembled
* Ensure assembly steps and build paperwork are complete
* Critically review and support disposition of non-conforming materials or anomalies reported from the floor
4. The Assembly Supervisor may be called upon to work directly with Assembly Technicians to solve problems, or fill in for off-hours and/or absences.
5. Manage workflow through assembly stations and cells while working closely with other area leads to share and flex resources as required to meet production requirements.
6. Ensure employees have the tools and resources they need to work safely and effectively.
7. Monitor and audit area for unsafe practices and conditions.
8. Work with appropriate departments and people to develop work instructions for area. Ensure that work performed complies with engineering and quality standards and specifications.
9. Organize material flow to enhance efficiency through the test cell
10. Generate standard work to promote product quality
11. Establish training criteria and requirements for new employees
12. Monitor and enforce time-keeping policies
13. Participate in, support, and help drive lean manufacturing initiatives
14. Ensure the production schedule is being updated daily as work is being completed; organize Assembly team to make up for shortfalls
15. Comply with all safety practices, policies, general housekeeping, and established environmental guidelines.
16. Perform quarterly performance reviews with all employees
* US Persons required
* Advanced computer skill and familiarity with computer-interfaced test equipment
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Experience in ISO9001 manufacturing environment
* Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines, ability to work with multiple priorities is a must
* Planning skills and ability to execute plans in dynamic and rapidly changing circumstances
* Flexibility and willingness to deal with change and complexity is highly required
* Excellent communication (written/oral) and Interpersonal skills
* Team-player, but able to work independently and with minimum guidance if necessary
* Positive thinking and "can do" attitude, self-starter, fast learner
* Well motivated, loyal, result driven
* Customer focused and quality oriented
* Experience with thermal and/or night vision optics
* Experience testing optical systems
* Experience with quality assurance
* Experience in Lean manufacturing environment.
* ISO and ESD knowledge is a plus
* Previous supervisory experience is a plus
* Associates degree/ Technical certification in systems testing/electronics with 2-3 years equivalent related work experience or 6+ years equivalent related work experience in lieu of education.
* Bachelors’ degree with 2-3 years equivalent related work experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.