3 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Manager – WestJet Vacations Payment Services
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement & Payment Services, this role is responsible for providing exceptional leadership to the WestJet Vacations Payment Services Team. This leader is responsible for ensuring team effectiveness in meeting payment terms & conditions, and doing so in a framework that is of maximum benefit to WestJet and in compliance with our internal controls, policies, contractual obligations and commitment to service levels. This individual can exhibit a high standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, and is results-driven. The incumbent must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in an agile environment.
Leadership, mentoring & talent development
* Lead and mentor team members, inspiring and motivating the teams to make confident, well-balanced decisions
* Leverage WestJet’s performance program to effectively develop team members
Resource allocation and operational planning
* Effective resource planning, leading the team through business changes and guiding them through adapting processes to support our continued growing and changing operations
* Manage resource planning to meet operational cycles, growth of the business, process improvements and implementation of new systems and processes
* Identify peak periods and volume trends and understand resource implications, making effective staffing projections accordingly
* Continually assessing and realigning work allocation within the group to meet changing priorities and to ensure the department functions effectively and efficiently
* Manage the WestJet Vacations Payment Services team to ensure all required tasks are completed on schedule and in line with internal policies, contracted terms and service levels. This includes accountability for:
* WestJet Vacations accounts payable supplier invoice and payment processing
* WestJet Vacations travel agency commission payments
* Collections of receivables for bookings paid on credit / deposit
* Application of co-op marketing deductions and other discounts
* Effective prioritization and leading effective team discussions on prioritization, challenges, progress updates and timelines. This also includes reviewing and providing resolution or recommendations for escalated WestJet Vacations AP or Travel Agent issues as required, and obtaining escalated support form senior leadership when required for operational urgencies.
* Identify KPIs for the WestJet Vacations Payment Svcs team and drive the development, monitoring, reporting and analysis of these metrics, leveraging their use in both operational purposes (resource allocation, workload balancing, issue identification, performance assessment), as well as strategic applications (trend analysis, resource planning, staffing projections, seasonality assessments, etc).
* Enable our teams to provide and receive superior service through developing and maintaining strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key business partners and leadership throughout the organization.
* Identify the interconnectivities in cross-departmental processes, and proactively engage with business partners to stay abreast of business changes which have impacts to the team and/or processes.
* Collaborate with business partners (WestJet Vacations, finance department and leadership) to address persistent, systemic business challenges as well as ad-hoc non-routine or complex issues. Implement solutions or mitigating procedures within the department as required.
Process improvement & change management
* Continually assess the efficiency and effectiveness of processes within the team, drawing on LEAN principles and philosophies to continually reassess and refine our work processes.
* Guide the team through change management as it relates to business/departmental changes, corporate strategic initiatives, people changes, system enhancements, or other changes which directly impact the team, identifying downstream impacts and where necessary, how processes must be adapted to support the change.
* Collaborate with leadership team to coordinate team and people initiatives and provide back-up leadership for the Managers as required
* Internal Controls – ensure business and CSox risks are properly identified and mitigated through effectively designed & operating controls, ensuring process documentation remains current & resolving control deficiencies
* Bachelor’s degree with a major in finance, accounting or supply chain preferred
* Strong leadership, coaching and management skills required. Formal leadership experience preferred.
* 3-6 years experience in accounts payable or related experience required
* Experience in ERP accounting system required (JDE preferred)
* Experience in tour operator business preferred, experience in TTS an asset
* Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Knowledge or experience with MS-Access an asset
* Knowledge of internal controls/CSOx an asset
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) required
* Ability to learn new systems and processes in a short period of time
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with potentially conflicting priorities for self and others
* Positive attitude, authentically and openly communicates, providing constructive and honest feedback
* Strong analytical skills and previous experience working with metrics and process improvement an asset
* Knowledge of WestJet’s business, values and competencies an asset
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.