6 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager Wellness and Crew Productivity is responsible and accountable for attendance programs and business processes for In-Flight Service across four crew bases and for the management of the Attendance & Corporate Absenteeism Program, all Return to Work programs, maternity alternate work and WCB/WSIB/CSST programs.
* Accountable to provide leadership and design and implement strategies and policies that improve cabin crew productivity, reliability and accountability in return to work (RTW).
* Manages the Attendance and Crew Productivity team across the In-Flight Services (IFS) bases.
* Leads the design and implementation of the IFS Bases programs, processes and manuals in accordance with prescribed regulatory provisions and the collective agreement.
* Ensures that consistent application of programs/processes are applied and adhered to including individual case handling and outcomes.
* Create opportunities for continuous improvement, cost reduction and safe and early return to work.
* Produce effective management of tracking/ measurement of absenteeism and provide a consistent infrastructure that demonstrates reduced Absences/ CAMS (Corporate Absenteeism and Management System) and work related injuries and provides support for Return to Work Programs in order to achieve budget and productivity targets and support to crew members.
* Plan and execute programs that provide cabin crew with effective recognition for excellent attendance. Identify, track and trend those that need coaching on preventative measures for repetitive mid cycle and injury on duty absences.
* Ensure consistent application of the CAMS Program to the 7000 cabin crew ensuring their predictability and attendance awareness.
* Ensure the medical certificate validation process and other attendance processes are consistent across the IFS Bases.
* Act as main point of contact for the Attendance Desk and is responsible for the day to day activities, reports and functionality of the program.
* Oversee data management from the Attendance Desk, and ensure action when required.
* Conduct disciplinary meetings.
* Work with MedAire as the In-Flight Service representative for cabin crew book off’s
* Act as the contact for CUPE when any concerns arise with any of the above programs
* Liaise with and build a strong working relationship with Occupational Health Services and review concerns as they arise, conduct follow up and consult/review on policy changes.
* Assist the bases with case management meetings for all absences.
* Effectively manage costs associated with the misuse of the sick leave plan.
* Ensure the Crew Productivity Team is identifying pattern absenteeism in order for the Performance Team to manage appropriately.
* Act as the base representative where required for meetings/committees.
* Provide support if required to the Collective Bargaining Team and act as an onsite representative during negotiations.
* Ensure that the PeopleSoft – DAG program is being used to capture cabin crew performance standards consistently across the system.
* Effectively utilize all attendance programs, extract and analyze data, and ensure detailed plans of action are in place towards reducing absenteeism, identifying misuse of programs, and reducing overall costs.
* Track, trend and analyze the Crew Scheduling incident reports related to absenteeism.
* Oversee other sources of incoming information related to absenteeism (i.e.; Occupational Health Services, letters of complaint regarding misuse of privileges etc.).
* Attend monthly review of Arbitration.
* Maintain all necessary training, health and safety, regulatory qualifications and Flight Attendant qualifications
* Identify and ensure consistent application of IMMS programs across the system
* Work in Conjunction with the Disability management team to identify, review fraudulent injury and attendance claims.
* Conduct Quarterly meetings with Union/Manion Wilkins/Disability Management,
* Extensive knowledge and practical experience in corporate attendance/absenteeism programs and cost savings measures
* Extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft, NetLine, ReportLink, CAMS, and Shepell fgi absence support program.
* Knowledge of interpreting collective agreements and experience in managing a unionized workforce
* Extensive airline experience, with advanced knowledge of In-Flight Service branch procedures/programs and technology
* Solid written and verbal communication skills
* Sound knowledge and experience in team building/ leading a team
* Strong management and leadership skills
* Ability to demonstrate empathy in dealing with employee situations
Bilingual (English and French)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Inflight / Cabin Crew