6 months ago
The Manager, Technical Publications, is responsible for managing the centralized technical publications function at Hawaiian Airlines. They are responsible for setting the overall direction and vision of technical publications, specifically including the
use of content/document management systems and distribution strategies across work groups. The Manager establishes documentation standards and processes, manages the technical documentation vendors, and oversees product distribution.
* Manages technical documentation standards and processes, technical documentation vendors, and publishes HAL standards manuals
* Manages personnel in the assembly, packaging, and preparation of shipping and distribution of publications, including technical publication libraries onboard HAL planes; fill requests for manuals & revisions
* Oversight of the printing and duplication function at Hawaiian Airlines
* Sets realistic performance goals, resolves conflicts, and establishes realistic standards; Adapts to change, creates strong positive relations, and is fully accountable to for the actions of the department
* Performs administrative duties associated with Technical Publications Department; Maintains awareness of industry trends and changes in technology and adapts
* Leads team towards a customer service orientation that anticipates and responds to customer needs, fiscal acuity, and a focus on the positive instead of the negative
* Other Duties as assigned
* A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relative experience is required
* 3+ years' experience in a technical publications or technical writer role, or equivalent experience
* Familiarity with structured document creation utilizing desktop publishing software, XML experience desirable
* Knowledgeable regarding Content and Document Management Systems, and mobile distribution strategies
* Experience with airline and aircraft manufacturer’s technical documentation
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 14 yearsas reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by
Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 89th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (11) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, China,
Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides approximately 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, with a total of more than 250 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at
HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines),
and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Send This Job to a Friend