8 months ago
Manager, Technical, CRC
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55695BR Date posted 10/25/City Windsor Locks
From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
The Customer Response Center is seeking a Manager to lead the Technical team. This position will be located in Windsor Locks, CT and report directly to the Associate Director of the Customer Response Center. This is a dynamic organization based around a rotating shift schedule that must be carefully managed to ensure 24/7/365 coverage for our customers. The CRC Technical team receives and responds to customer inquiries across the breadth of UTC Aerospace Systems products. If the team cannot answer a question internally, they work with a strong network of service engineers, field service representatives, and product experts to get the customer an accurate and timely answer. The team consists of both “shift techs” and “day techs”. The shift techs work on a rotating schedule to provide 24/7/365 coverage for our customers. The day techs work on a Monday through Friday schedule and provide expertise in a variety of product lines and are located at multiple sites (Windsor Locks, CT; Phoenix, AZ; Rockford, IL; and Vergennes, VT). The qualified candidate will work to develop this diverse team and support overall personnel development while managing OTD performance, driving process improvements, and working with cross functional teams to eliminate interruptions to customer service.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
* Manage a dispersed team of technical customer service professionals
* Development of direct reports through effective performance plan assessments and viable development plans. Facilitate and integrate employee competencies for succession planning.
* Advocating for customers internally and driving customer first culture.
* Driving execution of the Technical Case process to meet customer commitments in a consistent, repeatable manner.
* Fostering strong relationships with functional groups to identify, develop, and execute strategic plans to improve overall UTAS performance through ACE.
* Lead the team in using the ACE tools to drive process robustness and identify areas of opportunity.
* Collect, analyze, and report metrics on team performance.
* Ensure adherence to all international trade compliance policies.
* Ensure the team has access and training for systems / processes required to perform their function, to include IT systems.
* 3-4 years of experience in a customer facing role required
* Ability to influence, collaborate, and partner across functions and all levels within a matrix organization.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of customer and internal management.
* Product knowledge across a variety of UTAS product lines.
* Excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and high sense of urgency.
* Able to manage changing priorities while maintaining a sense of order.
* Strong teamwork skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), problem-solving and presentation skills.
* Experience with the classification of technical data and export authorizations
* ACE associate certification preferred, process improvement experience required.
* Proficient user of Microsoft product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Dynamics).
* Healthy sense of humor, positive outlook, and lover of all things team.
BA / BS degree with 5-7 years of experience
MA / MS degree with 3-5 years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.