6 months ago
Manager Supply Chain Management,
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Manager, Supply Chain Management (SCM) Projects leads and manages supply chain projects and processes to achieve company and departmental goals. This Manager's work includes project assessment, strategy development, supplier evaluation, and negotiation of terms to meet quality, cost, and performance targets. This role sources projects with internal customers and vendors and partners with the Maintenance & Engineering (M&E) leadership team.
Scope & Complexity
- This position manages supply chain projects and activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Leads the sourcing process for AAG's Maintenance & Engineering (M&E) Sourcing projects, including project assessment, strategy development, supplier evaluation and selection, and negotiation of terms to meet quality, cost, and performance targets.
- Develops and maintains relationships between Supply Chain and the M&E leadership team and manages internal customer engagement with the sourcing process.
- Develops and oversees supplier relationships during sourcing projects.
- Utilizes the sourcing process to identify suppliers that create efficiencies and enable cost reduction and increased performance.
- Builds cross-divisional (e.g., Marketing, Inflight, and Flight Operations) consensus that balances operational objectives with financial responsibility.
- Works closely with Procurement to support post-sourcing project purchase orders and supplier relationship development.
- Leverages deep understanding to draft various types of agreements common with maintenance service providers (e.g., NDAs, Master Agreement, Statement of Work, etc.), including knowledge of common contractual elements; partners with AAG's Legal department for contract reviews.
- Leverages expert knowledge in negotiations and contracting and leads lead negotiations with little or no guidance from senior management.
- Facilitates positive working relationships and becomes an established business advisor to customer.
- Communicates, liaises, and negotiates internally and externally using appropriate methods to influence decisions and facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful program management and/or team-leading experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of negotiation and contract management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with strategic sourcing processes, including requests for information, quotes, proposals (RFI/RFQ/RFP) writing, scoring, and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams, facilitating meetings, and developing and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build influence across departments around company strategies.
- Project management experience.
- Proven track record of developing and sustaining strong customer and supplier relationships.
- Demonstrated change management skills and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience negotiating high-value contracts, specifically maintenance service and/or support agreements.
- Experience working with aircraft maintenance service providers.
- Experience with financial analysis of complex vendor proposals.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in business administration, supply chain, or operations management, is preferred.
- A Master of Arts, Master of Science, or Master of Business Administration degree is preferred.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or other supply chain professional certification is preferred.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.