12 months ago
Manager, Supply Chain & Distribution
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52019BR Date posted 08/04/City Windsor Locks
United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is among the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products. We design and manufacture aerospace systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft and are a major supplier for international space programs. The Customer Service organization provides complete aftermarket solutions for Military and Commercial products, which includes; spare parts and LRU's (Line Replaceable Units), upgrades, retrofits, repairs, Performance Based Logistic (PBL) Programs for US and Foreign Military and Commercial platforms.
Responsible for setting up and overseeing distribution centers and suppliers by managing tasks associated with project planning, risk management, recurring and non-recurring cost control, scheduling, intra-departmental communication/planning and fostering positive internal customer relationships.
* Ensure project completion on schedule, within budget, and meets all technical standards, regulatory compliance requirements and customer expectations.
* Develop aftermarket distribution strategy that supports Customer Services objectives and overall strategic plan
* Manage key supplier relationships and act as a liaison between various functions
* Monitor and report the status of transition projects to executive staff, project sponsors, customers and other stakeholders.
* Support analysis, preparation and justification effort for new proposal activity, serve as proposal lead where applicable
* Domestic and international travel up to 30%
* Experience developing and managing supplier statements of work and subcontracts, including third-party logistics providers and suppliers offering repair services.
* Prior experience managing a logistics operation with personnel, budget management and administration.
* Strong project management background
* Able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Knowledge of the principals of cost estimating, financial analysis
* Continuous Improvement and customer focus
* Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
Education: BA/BS degree in related field with 7+ years relevant project management, materials management and/or supply chain experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.