10 months ago
Manager, Supplier Quality Liaison, Global 7000 Program-TOR03951
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Support daily meetings with Production floor to cascade/ensure priorities and alignment with your team.
- Management of Supplier non-conformances, Line Checks and disclosures on the production Line
- Data gathering and preliminary assessments of defects and investigations that arise on the production line
- Manage a team that acts as a communication liaison between the supplier compliance corrective action teams and our operational management across a 4 shift operation (i.e. day, afternoon, night & weekend shifts).
- Working closely with Quality Corrective Action Manager, Implement proactive & reactive containment solutions for supplier quality non-conformances and trends to reduce disruption and non-standard work
- Coach and train your team in gathering information and preparing proper PSS’, 4-blocker, & presentations
- Attend key meetings/reviews such as Ops Daily Shift Meetings, corrective action reviews, Supplier calls, and quality management reviews
- Demonstrate leadership, entrepreneurship, project management skills, and commitment to teamwork,
- Maintain and develop team skills and ensure compliance to internal tools & documentations/policies (QD, QAD, QAPI),
- Utilize problem solving techniques, six sigma methodology, Kaizen, and other Quality tools to reduce Supplier nonconformities
- Promote and work with other departments to facilitate the resolution of key issues while supporting the business by having effective containment plans in place (inclusive of part strategy),
- Be able to drive team results/priorities on a daily basis while having an overall roadmap for improvement
- Be able to manage requests vs priorities based on business needs
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a University degree in a technical, quality, or project management discipline.
- You have working knowledge of Quality Management System in a manufacturing environment (AS9100, ISO, & SMS)
- You have a minimum 5 years’ management experience in Quality, Supplier Quality, or Continuous Improvement.
- Knowledge in working with unions and collective agreements would be an asset.
- You have strong interpersonal, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- You have the ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- You have ethics, integrity and honesty; respect for others; cooperation; motivation to get things done; ability to express ideas logically and coherently; a positive attitude; ability to overcome obstacles; ability to assume full responsibility; ability to utilize the appropriate resources to solve problems; ability to react quickly to unforeseen events.
- You have experience and/or knowledge in the following field of activities to make you an excellent candidate:
- Andon and effective containment methodologies
- Understanding of Drawings, GDT, and CATIA would be an asset
- Structured and analytical problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated complex problem solving capability (i.e. Kepner Tregoe) would be an asset
- Presenting and effective communication at all levels of the business
- CAPA processes & COPQ reduction planning
- Familiarity with Aircraft systems/structures
- Strong Statistical and Computer Software knowledge
- Knowledge of Product conformity & certification
- Airworthiness regulations
- Your team motivation and communication skills are an important asset for this position.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Quality Manager
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.04.2018, 7:30:57 PM