2 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
As a member of the Supplier Quality team, you are accountable for supplier performance by driving suppliers to zero defects. Initiate part specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions. Integral member to the site Quality Clinic and site Corrective Action Process, driving fact based product nonconformance discovery and subsequent root cause analysis with the goal of effective systemic corrective action for delivered supply-based non conformances (escapes).
Support regional oversight of all Landing System suppliers, ensuring product, process, and documentation compliance to business, customer and industry standards. Manages source inspection and material release processes.
Supplier Quality site focal and team member for supply-based Work Transfer initiatives.
* Site Supplier Quality Focal
* Issuing and approving corrective actions to suppliers using LS business tools
* Review and approval of compliance documentation including AS9102 First Article Reports and UTAS/LS required inspection documents
* Perform fact based data analysis of supply based product non-conformances in order to execute defect reduction via Zero defect Plan methodologies (ZDP™)
* Conduct investigations internally or at suppliers to develop root cause and corrective action involving supply-based non-conforming product.
* Perform scheduled and qualified audits to industry (AS9100) and/or UTAS/LS quality system requirements
* Support the execution of zero defect plans, work transfer, UPPAP, and QN reduction initiatives at the suppliers
* Mobile, traveling 30% of time
* 5 years experience in the aerospace industry
* Proficient and expert knowledge of root cause analysis and corrective/preventative action methodologies
* Fully competent in Blue Print, 3D Model and GD&T knowledge
* Skilled in Process Flow Diagramming, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), and Control Plans per SAE J J1739 for Advanced Product Quality Planning
* Fully Competent in review and approval of First Article Reports from suppliers per AS9102 (current rev.)
* Passport and available to travel domestically and international, by air
* Must be able to lift items that weigh 30 lbs.
* ASQ CQE
* Qualified Auditor certified to ASQ and or AS9100 internal or lead auditor
* Black Belt/Green Belt Certification
* Competent in Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) and Gauge R&R) and SPC
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (i.e Engineering)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.