7 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: The Manager, Stores and Inventory Control will work with the stores team to ensure aircraft rotable parts, consumable parts and tooling are available to line maintenance. This will be accomplished by controlling inventory to established levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure min/max levels are maintained at all times in an effort to reduce AOG orders and increase reliability and reduce cost
* Establish and maintain a strong team in order to provide 24/7 hours coverage in stores
* Establish and maintain shipping, receiving and quarantine areas as well as areas for oversized items
* Strong understanding of the Canadian Aviation Regulations pertaining to aircraft parts in an effort to control inventory in a bonded and secure environment
* Work closely with the purchasing team while filling parts requests and preparing for projects such as modifications, service bulletins and heavy checks
* Monitor tool calibration due dates and ensure replacements are available while tools are out for calibration or repair
* Generate new procedures using Porter’s DPD process as required
* Establish a strong and collaborative relationship with other operation managers
* Support a stores team through regular meetings, payroll processing, vacation requests and responding to team member queries in a timely manner
* Constantly monitor inventory levels to identify and react to shortages
* Prepare inventory reconciliations on a regular basis and establish processes to address identified areas of concern
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Exemplifying Integrity: Treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully, furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust with team members and the broader community.
* Inspiring Others: Energizing and inspiring others to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, creating a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in followers.
* People Leadership: Assuming a leadership role in helping others achieve excellent results.
* Leading Change: Recognizing the need for change, being open to new ideas and methods, and championing transformational change within the organization and beyond.
* Minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership role in an aviation stores environment
* Post-secondary education in business administration, logistics or a relevant field
* Well organized, detail oriented and able to work autonomously
* Strong data analysis and forecasting knowledge
* Experience in 5S concepts or lean manufacturing an asset
* Excellent record keeping ability
* Proven self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to multi-task
* Able to obtain airside security clearance
* Valid G driver’s license
* Knowledge of RAAS (Remote Access Aviation System) an asset
* Knowledge of automated parts handling machines an asset
* Good understanding of the CLC, Part II
* Analytical mind and demonstrated planning skills
* Proven leadership and communication skills
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date November 7, 2017
* Reference ID 41-05-52