10 months ago
The Manager is responsible for developing and managing the relationships with airport operators and other airlines on all matters relating to property assets, rates and charges, and airport affairs. The manager actively participates in representing JetBlue’s interests at assigned airports’ Airline/Airport affairs related programs and fostering an open and effective relationship with all levels of the airports’ leadership. The manager is responsible for soliciting and coordinating input from JetBlue’s internal stakeholders on airport affairs programs and for developing strategic facility options to support JetBlue’s network plans when necessary. The manager is also responsible for the proper execution of necessary lease and operations agreements with airport operators within JetBlue’s contract review process.
· Establish new business relationships with new airports throughout the JetBlue System, and negotiate access to new airports’ facilities.
· Maintain open communications with airport operators, representing JetBlue at specific airport’s Airline Airport Affairs meetings and other meetings or matters effecting JetBlue’s operational and financial interests.
· Negotiate on JetBlue’s behalf during all future Airline Airport Affairs Committee (AAAC) meetings regarding newly revised rates and charges sessions
· Develop strategic facility options in assigned airports when market shifts or airport development dictates a change in property/facility locations.
· Manage the airport lease, permit, license or agreement throughout the contract lifecycle via JetBlue’s contract management system and processes.
· Monitor and communicate all planned airport construction activities with System Operations and Customer Service to ensure JetBlue’s interests are maintained
· Monitor costs, recommend and implement cost saving strategies
· Provide financial analyses including monthly and quarterly variance analyses and annual CRE budget preparation (to include airport rents and landing fees).
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field
· Five(5) years of airline, airport management or related experience
· Extensive travel required (75%)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with extensive Excel experience
· Excellent communications and people skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Excellent organization and time management skills
· Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
· Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
· Previous Airport Affairs responsibility
· Bilingual (Spanish)
· Previous knowledge of construction programming
· Regular attendance and punctuality
· Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
· Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
· When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
· Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
· Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue’s Safety Management System
· Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
· Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
· Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
· Uphold JetBlue’s safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
· Computer and other office equipment
· Normal Office Environment
· Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement