about 1 year ago
The Military Program Manager is responsible for the overall performance of a customers production visits. These responsibilities include serving as the customer liaison, ensuring sufficient manpower allocations, increasing margins, meeting commitments, ensuring customer expectations are met or exceeded, and enhancing the operational efficiency of the teams in order to ensure the successful selling function of the product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serve as main point of contact with the customers maintenance and management teams.
* Address customer concerns and inquiries in a timely fashion.
* Ensure that all program objectives meet or exceed contractual obligations.
* Establish and maintain lines of communication between the customer and internal AAR departments necessary for efficient and timely output of quality product.
* Communicate to Senior Management any problems and suggested solutions.
* Liaise with support departments to ensure program success.
* Prepare status and metric reports for Management and Senior Management
* Ensure overall customer satisfaction
* Identify new opportunities
* Travel is periodically required.
* All other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Commitment to company values and ethics.
* Dependability:personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performas tasks accurately.
* Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
* Communication: excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
* Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities.
* Organization: very detail oriented yet can maintain big picture perspective, comes prepared.
* Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
* Teamwork: works harmoniously with others to get a job done, responds positively to instructions/procedures, and works well with others
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree (BA) from four year college or university
* Previous Maintenance Lead or Supervisory experience required.
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
* PMP Certification preferred
* Familiarity with Federal Acquisition regulations (FAR&DFAR)
* MS Project Proficiency preferred
* Program Management experience working with Military contracts.
* US Citizen
* Highly articulate in oral and written communication
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environment characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
: United States-New York-Garden City
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran