7 months ago
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at .
Duties and Responsibilities
Leads the development and management of the corporation’s strategic sourcing strategy for materials and services, including information technology, operational services, and professional services. Drives efficiency and effectiveness and mitigates Company's risk in third party relationships associated with purchases.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Develops strategic sourcing strategies with business leaders for specific categories being purchased using focused industry analysis, criticality analysis, business knowledge, competitive analysis, and sourcing expertise.
* Coordinates external research and provides assessment of category supply market conditions.
* Produces and delivers content-rich category plans (including market analysis and external competitor analysis).
* Identifies, researches, and prioritizes possible sourcing opportunities through internal spend analysis, knowledge of business unit, potential savings, and/or urgency of business need.
* Identifies new purchasing opportunities and savings strategies through spend concentration analysis, and then ensures sourcing meets its committed savings objectives with support from each business unit.
* Develops and maintains standard, boilerplate contracts with favorable terms and conditions. Updates contract language to comply with regulations, company policy changes, etc.
* Develops networking with airlines and works with airline partners to leverage collective spend for deeper volume based discounts and increased value incentives from major suppliers of materials and/or services.
Execution and Leadership
* Works closely with senior business leaders to help with sourcing decisions andinitiating sourcing programs with stakeholders and cross functional teams to ensure that requirements are fulfilled through exceptional product, service and supplier performance coupled with achieving the lowest total cost solution.
* Manages and leads identified sourcing team through all sourcing activities including RFP development and analysis.
* Manages supplier risk for business-critical managed programs.
* Effectively prepares, coordinates and conducts supplier negotiations.
* Documents results of negotiations through development and review of contractual language.
* Develops methodologies to capture savings as well as manage value driven negotiations.
* Develops/drives sourcing strategies for each of the items or services within a spend category through vendor negotiations, process improvements, and compliance.
* Delivers on cost reduction commitments through the identification, development and execution of strategic sourcing initiatives.
* Develops and manages Governance, Risk and Controls for the procurement and sourcing function.
* Develops and implements efficiencies, standardized tools, practices and procedures.
* Supports development and adherence to financial, fraud-prevention, and risk management controls throughout Procurement processes.
* Provides thought leadership, development, and guidance on procurement policies and practices.
* Focuses on developing and maintaining deep expertise in all critical industry areas, team functional areas, and specific vendor relationships.
* Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
* Screens, interviews and makes recommendations for hiring potential associates. Coaches and provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Aviation, Business, Purchasing, Materials Management or related field.
* Must have 7 years of experience in procurement in the IT industry, with at least 5 years of management or team leadership experience.
* Negotiation experience.
* Project Management experience.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Master’s degree (M.A./M.S.) or equivalent in Business Administration and 10 years of experience.
* CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager).
* CPSM( Certified Professional in Supply Management).
* Negotiation certification.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with a broad array of individuals within and outside the company.
* Highly motivated self-starter and drives for results.
* Strategic thinker.
Able to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Able to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight travel.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Pos. Category Supply Chain