Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Manager, Packaging and Partnerships will lead the team responsible for the development, management and optimization of all third party products sold via Frontier distribution channels including hotel stays, ground transportation, travel insurance and other related items. Included in this role will be responsibility for initial contracting, IT development, accounting processes, and development of policies and procedures related to third party products. This position will also be responsible for the price management, analysis and forecasting functions related to all of Frontier’s third party ancillary products. This position will be a leader in creating, evaluating and championing new products and optimizing the associated revenue opportunity, while creating operational efficiencies within the organization and supporting efforts to improve the customer experience.
- Lead team responsible for all aspects of contracting, development, pricing, forecasting and analysis surrounding Frontier’s third party product offerings.
- Analyze all options for distribution of packaged products via flyfrontier.com including merchant vs. commission models and opaque vs. itemized pricing and present findings/recommendations to senior management.
- Responsible for implementation of IT service provider to power content, pricing and distribution system for third party products including hotels, rental cars and other related items.
- Manage all aspects of supplier contracting including initial negotiation, management of RFP process, analysis of financial terms and presentation of options to senior team.
- Manage decision process surrounding potential new products including identifying product opportunities, financial analysis, regulatory review and development of business requirements.
- Responsible for development and optimization for all third party products including restructuring of distributions channels, web flow, marketing and pricing strategy.
- Develop polices, terms and conditions surrounding all third party products sold via Frontier distribution channels. Also responsible for development of customer service team dedicated to issues surrounding these products.
- Work with accounting and finance teams to develop invoice and payment processes in compliance with regulatory guidelines with an eye on minimizing operational cost impact to Frontier
- .Mange team responsible for all forecasting and revenue analysis functions related to third party products.
- Provide weekly, monthly and on-going reports to stakeholders on success and progress of third party product development. Explain and document deltas and develop recommendations/work plans to solve/improve.
- Liaison with Frontier’s IT team to design, develop, and implement BI tools related to third party ancillary products.
- Work with marketing, finance, and IT counterparts and third party business partners in developing strategic marketing plans and overseeing execution of all aspects of those programs.
- Maintain a good understanding of developments among competitive and imitable firms and, more broadly, in the strategic and business development landscape, including perspectives from other companies, industries, and thinkers to enhance products, customer-centricity, decision making, and strategic development capability, and help disseminate throughout the business.
- Work closely with Commercial (marketing, e-commerce, network planning, RM & pricing) Technology, Executive Management, and Policy stakeholders to successfully develop, manage and optimize ancillary products.
- Identify, recommend and support new marketing channels and promotional opportunities for ancillary products and packages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Economics, Finance, or related field; relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product development, revenue analysis, or distribution with a tour operator, online travel provider, airline, hotel or related company
- Experience in contract negotiation and vendor management preferred
- Experience in web-flow and content design preferred
- Pricing, revenue management, or strategic planning exposure a plus
- Data science and modeling exposure a plus
- Able to efficiently summarize data and present recommendations to upper management
- Extremely proficient with PC skills (MS office applications, database tools)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Project management experience
- Must have good attention to detail for reporting and analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments, partners and staff
- Must have ability to identify problems and reach creative solutions
- Must have ability to drive buy-in from diverse stakeholders
- Ability to effectively lead analytical and development team
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.