5 months ago
The Manager, Operations orchestrates and directly oversees the daily operation under the direction of the General Manager. Leads and directs Airport Operations employees in all matters concerning operations, ensuring service standards are exceeded.
* Provide counseling, discipline, support and advocacy for all airport operations staff and identify and propose solutions to challenges facing front-line employees
* Ensure airport operations functions operate at maximum productivity and efficiency and that airport operations tools and equipment are in proper working condition
* Manage relationships with other Operations Managers, with supervisors in other company divisions and with airport staff to ensure successful coordination of day-to-day airport operations work
* Manage daily planning and scheduling of people, equipment and resources and resolve questions and conflicts; set and communicate approach for resolving large-scale irregular operations, such as delayed flights, severe weather, natural disasters, etc.
* Communicate to all front-line employees and ensure they maintain working knowledge of policies, procedures and service standards as well as the use of standard tools and systems; ensures policies and procedures are adhered to and enforced while maintaining
the highest level of safety and customer service standards
* Resolve employee issues escalated by Leads and Chiefs; manage compliance and regulatory reporting and associated follow-up with employees, including conducting and supporting investigations, on-the-job injuries and drug and alcohol testing and related follow
* Administer employee schedules, shift bidding, recruitment and payroll; manage attendance, injuries, and light duty process; report on trends. Develop action plans as they relate to employee dependability
* Effectively administer personnel and employee relations programs in accordance with company policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements including federal, state and provincial laws; manage employee engagement and recognition
* Coordinate with regulatory training requirements for Airport Operations employees
* Serve as an escalation point of contact in matters where additional customer service or intervention is required; maintain a professional relationship with HA customers including travel agents, assist direct sales and customers with special needs
* Other duties as assigned by manager
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 1 year of supervisory or management experience
* Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work professionally and productively with all levels of employees in various departments
* Must possess and demonstrate core values such as mutual respect, personal integrity, and honesty
* Must ensure that accountability measures are effectively maintained and that follow up on actionable items are done in a timely manner
* Must be able to travel when required, and be flexible in working various shifts, and be on call and available to support irregular operations (i.e. flight delays/cancellations)
* Must be detail oriented with a proven ability to proactively manage a complex departmental budget.
* Must be flexible and adapt well to change
* Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
* Must become GSC (Ground Security Coordinator) qualified within 6 months of starting/transferring into position. Will not be able to perform any GSC duties until properly qualified
* Associate or Undergraduate degree
* 3 years supervisory or management experience
* 3 years experience in the airline or hospitality industries
* Proficient in a second language, particularly Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, Samoan or French
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 14 yearsas reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have
placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai'i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai'i's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai'i from more U.S. gateway cities (12) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South
Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides approximately 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, with a total of more than 250 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian's Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir),
become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career
postings and updates, follow Hawaiian's LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines' online newsroom.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Send This Job to a Friend