9 months ago
The Manager, Treasury-Corporate Finance assists in overseeing the Corporate Finance and Risk Management functions. The main focus includes fleet financing and transactions, cash flow forecasting and liquidity reporting, aviation/non-aviation insurance, derivative
hedging, and letters of credit/surety bonds.
* Partner with Treasurer/Senior Manager-Corporate Finance on researching a wide pool of financing options and participating in reviewing and analyzing the company’s optimal capital structure.
* Manage the development, distribution, response tracking, and analysis of RFPs for financing of aircraft and spare engines.
* Analyze and model impact of all financing options.
* Serve as a liaison between management and the manufacturer of all aircraft and engine deliveries (i.e., timing, pricing, SCNs, BFEs, PDPs, etc.).
* Analyze fleet delivery and return schedule to assist management in achieving short and long-term capacity growth goals.
* Partner with Senior Management to review and facilitate the exchange of information and documentation related to leases/loans and new aircraft/spare engines; review, and manage lease/loan payments and deposits.
* Prepare accurate cash forecasts and share with relevant stakeholders (Finance, Management, Board, etc.).
* Review cash inflows/outflows and partner with internal departments to manage working capital.
* Oversee, review, and approve daily/weekly variance analysis reporting.
* Create/implement/perform various corporate finance analyses (e.g., weighted average cost of capital, capital structure, financial leverage, etc.).
* Calculate, analyze, and report financial covenants for credit card processors, financiers, and counterparties.
* Assist Treasurer/Senior Manager-Corporate Finance with corporate insurance and risk management programs, including:
* Aviation insurance renewals (hull and aviation liability).
* Non-aviation insurance renewals (Workers’ Compensation, D&O/EPL, Property and Casualty, Auto, Privacy/Cyber/Media, Crime, etc.).
* Analyze, review, and make recommendations regarding financial impact and operating risk exposure (contracts, claims, policies, procedures, etc.).
* Development, analysis, and reporting of risk management related forecasts/annual budgets.
* Coordination of issuing or obtaining required certificates of insurance with third-party service providers (vendors, brokers, insurers, etc.).
* Identify potential risk areas within area of responsibility and support problem resolution process.
* Assist with Spirit’s hedging program, including analyzing exposure, and monitoring lines of credit with counterparties.
* Review, analyze, and process fuel payments.
* Manage letter of credit and surety bond facilities to support Company’s operations.
* Partner with Treasurer to negotiate letter of credit and surety bond fees.
* Forecast and review accuracy of letter of credit and surety bond fees.
* Develop, analyze, and report Treasury forecasts/annual budgets and adherence to Treasury’s annual budget.
* Develop a high-performing, effective, and motivated staff. Direct and mentor to deliver and exceed expected results, while building bench-strength for the future
* BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
* Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience within a treasury, finance, or accounting group.
* Must be detailed oriented and capable of working independently under pressure with tight deadlines.
* Must be a self-starter with strong prioritization and organization skills, and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Able to provide thought leadership in evaluating current processes and recommending best practices.
* Experience in treasury or finance functions with specific skills in corporate finance, treasury operations, cash flow forecasting, and risk management.
* Creative problem solving ability with initiative to propose solutions.
* Strong cash and financial planning experience required.
* Team player with the ability to build and maintain both internal and external relationships; able to work at all levels of the organization.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Master’s Degree in business administration, finance, or accounting.
* Aviation experience in a similar position in treasury or finance with specific skills in corporate finance, cash flow forecasting, and risk management.
* Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) a plus
* Knowledge of insurance programs a plus, but not required.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and
promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.