4 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
Named one of America’s Top Employers in 2017 and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last eight years straight, The Timken Company, a world leader in engineered bearings and mechanical power transmission products is currently seeking a Manager of our Talent Management center of excellence. If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Our Manager of Talent Management will help shape our Timken culture of top performance by collaborating with senior executives including the CEO and CHRO and our diverse global business team to support our HR mission of creating an unrivaled workplace where talent is recognized, continually developed and prepared for opportunities as our organization expands into adjacent markets and product lines.
Driving the advancement of inclusion and diversity and organizational health is critical to the success of Timken’s global growth and people advancement. As a thought leader, our Manager of Talent Management will work cross-functionally to determine and implement initiatives that make an impact; creating value by responsibly designing, developing and executing strategies in support of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Our Manager of Talent Management will have an award-winning integrated SAP/Successfactors suite available to create talent management tools and capabilities. Driving innovations through this best-in-class installation will enable the creation of systemic self-operating processes.
You will be the leader and process owner of Talent Management which includes:
* Goal planning
* Performance management
* Succession planning
* Diversity and inclusion
* Employee engagement
* Career paths and career planning
* Talent assessments
As the talent driver you will engage in the research and benchmarking of best practices. You will collect data, drive continuous improvement, re-engineer, and/or refine Timken’s talent management processes, systems and programs. Your ability to analyze, interpret, make recommendations and persuade executive leaders is an asset. Using data, facts and trend information to determine an optimal course of action is essential.
With a commitment to providing enhanced opportunities to our internal talent, this opening presents a great opportunity to bring your diverse talent management experiences to the table and make a meaningful impact in the careers of our highly-driven and engaged employees. As part of the People Strategy and Systems team you will be empowered to create your career vision. You will work directly for the Director of the People Strategy and Systems and receive significant direction from the CHRO.
To Be Successful You Will Need:
* Demonstrated ability to influence senior leadership
* Graduate degree in Business, HR or like areas
* Strong practical experiences in the global Talent Management space and Change Management; typically obtained through 10 plus years of experience
* Strong data and talent analytic skills and experiences
* Strong SAP/SuccessFactors knowledge, skills (configuration/Innovation Cycles) and experiences
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in business transformation
* Proven project management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects at once
* Ability to think strategically and develop tactical action plans to achieve business and people results
* Strong system and diagnostic skills
* Experience, presence, and flexibility to excel at partnering, collaborating and working effectively with people at all levels of the organization from associates to senior executives
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.