about 1 year ago
What does a Base Maintenance Manager do for Allegiant?
This position is responsible for the overall direction, administration and performance of all assigned locations. This position also communicates and effectively executes corporate goals and initiatives. The Base Maintenance Manager must exhibit fiscal responsibility
by adhering to departmental budgetary goals and objectives.
What are some of the daily duties of a Base Maintenance Manager?
* Oversees the maintenance and alterations of all company aircraft under their jurisdiction, in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations, Operations Specifications and company manuals and approved procedures.
* Supervises the Line Maintenance Managers and/or Line Maintenance Supervisors and monitors daily maintenance functions.
* Acts as decision maker on behalf of maintenance for Operations Control Center (OCC).
* Assists in establishing and maintaining programs for the inspection, repairing and modifications of company aircraft.
* Manages all teams, including performance management, coaching and development. Proactively builds coworker skill sets to increase bench strength and allow for succession planning.
* Advises the Director of Maintenance, Director of Quality, Maintenance Control and the Operations Control Center of maintenance events and aircraft status.
* Works closely with contract maintenance providers (where applicable) and approved vendors to ensure that all Allegiant Air maintenance policies and procedures are being adhered to.
* Reviews contracts to ensure that contract maintenance companies provide maintenance services by the most efficient and economical means necessary, and within the guidelines of Allegiant Air policies and procedures.
* Partners with Maintenance Planning and Dispatch Management to ensure that planned maintenance is assigned as effectively, efficiently, and economically, as possible within his or her jurisdiction.
* Understands, supports, translates and communicates company and departmental goals and objectives, and ensures all personnel assigned to his or her base also understand, support, and achieved the same at the line level.
* Works closely with Maintenance and Engineering department directors to ensure that the maintenance program is compliant and efficient at the flight line level.
* Performs other such duties as assigned by the Regional Maintenance Manager and/or the Director of Maintenance.
What are the minimum requirements to be a Base Maintenance Manager?
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred
* FAA Airframe & Powerplant Licenses; all personnel holding certificates must have exercised the privileges of their certificates for at least six (6) months of the previous 24 months or have FAA approval if recency of experience is not met
* Fifteen (15) years aircraft maintenance experience in a Part 121, 135, or 145 environment
* Five (5) years in aircraft maintenance management
* Experience working on MD-80s, B757s, A319s and A320s preferred
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Base Maintenance Manager?
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in a variety of settings across all organizational levels
* Advanced troubleshooting skills, including systems, avionics, and powerplant
* Proficiency in Windows applications, including Microsoft Office
* Superior problem solving and conflict resolution abilities, solid judgment, and influencing skills
* Proven ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to be flexible with the changing needs of our business
* Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
* Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
What are the physical requirements of a Base Maintenance Manager if (applicable)?
* Ability to lift 50 lbs., bend & lift objects, stand and sit for extended periods
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses), when required