10 months ago
Manager, Mfg Operations
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54539BR Date posted 10/02/City Union
State West Virginia
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
This position is responsible for managing supervision of a skilled and semi-skilled labor force to meet daily rates of production output in a manufacturing environment. Emphasis is placed on safety, productivity, quality, sales and delivery performance. Incumbent must be proficient in the use of PC and applicable software applications, a good communicator able to work with people and produce results in a fast paced, highly collaborative work environment. Incumbent will work with all levels of management to ensure that production activities are aligned to achieve established goals for productivity, quality, sales, costs and delivery performance.
The successful candidate will exercise judgment and discretion in determining ways to effect productivity in his/her area of responsibility. Position will report to the Site Operations Manager with accountability to ensure the enhancement of production through the effective use of resources and labor provided for the respective manufacturing area. Experience working with aerospace products, procedures and specifications to ensure product integrity and quality is highly desirable.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manages Production Supervision team; to assure daily work flow of production employees and production operations
* Conducts employee performance assessments and makes recommendations regarding the movement of personnel; works with HR to ensure timely, consistent and impartial discipline is administered when necessary; ability to establish robust training and development plans for direct reports
* Actively participates in the selection, placement and retention of highly motivated and productive personnel for the manufacturing area.
* Supports continuous improvement efforts and recommends measures to improve production methods; ensures compliance with standard operating procedures and safety rules and regulations
* Requires a minimum of 5+ years work related experience in a manufacturing management.
* Work experience should include supervision of a production workforce with proven leadership skills and experience, results oriented with ability to multi task and handle deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Must be proficient in use of PC and software applications
* Work experience in aerospace or industrial composites is highly preferred
* Successful candidate will have solid understanding of lean manufacturing techniques and possess leadership ability to engender change toward lean manufacturing in a multi-value stream organization
* Familiarity with ISO9001, AS9100 and NADCAP quality management systems
* Must have integrity and ability to hold their direct reports accountable
* Excellent communication skills a must both verbal and written
* Prefer candidate to have SAP operation management software experience.
BA/BS degree w/6–10+ years experience
MA/MS degree w/4–7+ years experience
PhD degree w/2–4+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.