7 months ago
Requisition ID: 9246
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Manager, Manufacturing to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to ensure timely, high quality production at the lowest cost consistent with the quality requirements. Implements production plans and provides feedback around product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials supply constraints, schedules and staffing requirements to meet given product objectives.
* Holds accountability for daily operation and meeting production goals in a timely and accurate manner within an assembly process or similar assigned area.
* Implements production plans and provides feedback around product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials supply constraints, schedules and staffing requirements to meet given objectives.
* Implements activities in production area to ensure timely, high quality production at the lowest cost consistent with the quality requirements.
* Provides focus to the production team to execute to quality, schedule and cost expectations.
* Implements given operating plans and operating budget. Executes given priorities to ensure the most efficient and effective production schedule and staffing plan. Executes to the given budget targets. Develops daily plans to meet production needs.
* Implements and executes specific components of quality improvement, Lean and Six Sigma programs. Accountable for reduction of cost and waste within production. Improves productivity by implementing best practices.
* Is accountable for implementing given schedules and expenditure constraints for direct and indirect labor. May plan details of staffing and labor around given priorities.
* Responsible for managing the assigned assembly process and the related workforce. Communicates goals and strategies to the workforce, which may include represented and unrepresented components. Manages issues, solves problems, and delegates to team to bring solutions. Coordinates and interacts with functional areas and business units that support the production floor, exercising indirect leadership. Gets results from professional and/or direct labor employees by establishing work plans and delegating assignments.
* Interacts as needed with internal customers and related business units.
* Oversees deployment of environmental, health and safety policies and procedures within area. Ensures workplace training and safety plans are fully implemented. Ensures the area complies with OSHA, EPA and other safety and health requirements. Operates as a working manager, participating in direct project activities.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of manufacturing expereince, leadership experience (Informal or formal). Candidate should have multi tasking skills.
Desired candidate will have a technical bacckground
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.