about 1 year ago
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of line maintenance at their assigned station(s).
* Supervises Technical Representative(s), and/or Line Maintenance Supervisor(s) as assigned.
* Coordinates personnel schedules to provide adequate manpower coverage as needed to support of aircraft maintenance operations.
* Ensures the safe and efficient maintenance of company aircraft within their station / geographic area, in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for managing, coordinating and providing oversight for contract line maintenance in their station / geographic area as assigned.
* Ensures personnel under their supervision are trained and qualified in accordance with GMM policies and procedures.
* Monitors the training, qualifications and level of proficiency for maintenance personnel at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
* Monitors Flight Schedules and fleet status to ensure best use of resources, ground time and aircraft routing.
* Coordinates line maintenance requirements with MCC, Workload Planning, Materials, Quality Control, and A/C Planning Departments.
* Maintains surveillance of line maintenance activity at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
* Provides resources and technical support as necessary in cases of major mechanical problems or AOG situations.
* Improve efficiency and reliability by identifying recurring problems and recommending changes in procedures.
* Responsible for coordinating the timely repair of deferred maintenance items on aircraft transiting assigned station(s) and/or geographic area.
* Ensures shift turnover and work interruption procedures are followed to ensure incomplete maintenance work is completed before an aircraft is returned to service.
* Responsible for ensuring timely return of correct and accurate aircraft maintenance log pages to HDQ.
* Coordinates with MCC for maintenance and aircraft status information.
* Monitors mechanical problems, Aircraft and Popwerplant performance. Repeat Item and Oil Watch Programs.
* Formulates corrective action plans for mechanical problems and deferred maintenance items in coordination with MCC.
* Maintains communication with Regional Manager to ensure cost effective application.
* Ensures timely entry of log page discrepancies and parts changes in TRAX.
* Ensures personnel in their assigned station(s) / geographic areas are versed in the use of the TRAX system.
* Monitors line station spare engine status and engine change kits.
* Maintains liaison with Ground Operations and Flight Operations to ensure safe and dependable operations.
* Enforces safety procedures and practices outlined in company manuals and industry standards.
* Performs duties and responsibilities at field locations away from home base as assigned.
* Flies on company aircraft as assigned to support aircraft operations around the world.
* Performs self-audits of station(s) / geographic area as needed.
* Develops and manages station(s) / geographic area budget(s).
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* Must hold a current and valid FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
* Must maintain Atlas Air qualification and authorization for Airworthiness Release.
* Experience on 747/767 aircraft or equivalent wide body aircraft preferred.
* Previous supervisory experience.