about 1 year ago
SUMMARY Responsible for business development and growth of Key Strategic accounts as well as daily maintenance including but not limited to: market research, formal quoting, contract negotiations and pricing, inventory sales, and daily customer interaction. The Key Account Manager ensures that we exceed customer needs and provides a high level of value to the customer, ensuring that the business is optimized and ACS expectations are being achieved while maintaining and developing current and future accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Act as a primary contact and representative for the customer.
* Proven ability to communicate and work with customer repair coordinators.
* Provide clear, timely, responsiveness and detailed quotations to the assigned customer base.
* Work with internal-external customers to clarify and resolve issues.
* Work on the customers behalf to ensure ACS is achieving OTD promises.
* Communicate with customer to manage their delivery priorities.
* Participate and help price contracts and proposals.
* Communicate new capabilities and grow diversity of repairs received.
* Maintain open two-way communication with customer, appropriately sharing both good and bad news.
* Provide timely quotes.
* Act on behalf of ACS Customer Service & Business Development Team.
* Assist Customer Service Manager and Executive VP in development and implementation of field and marketing activities, capture of new business opportunities, and the management of target account programs.
* Coordinate sales and marketing activities in the assigned region.
* Represent ACS in a professional, innovative, positive, pro-active manner.
* Up to 25% travel.
* All other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES -
* Commitment to company values and ethics.
* Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
* Problem solving: ability to develop and implement new ideas to improve processes.
* Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure.
* Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE The successful candidate will have strong communications skills, sound judgment and demonstrated ability in successfully developing and strategically managing relationships with elected officials and with governments at the federal, state and local levels in support of a companys business objectives.
* Five years of account management experience.
* Four year undergraduate degree required. -Prior customer service background in Aviation MRO
* Experience in industry environment focusing on customer relationships, accounting practices, sales and or marketing.
* Must be multi-task, project oriented with the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced industry meeting established timelines.
* Excellent verbal, writing, listening and interpersonal skills are required to interact with all functional levels of internal and external contacts.
* Detail orientated and organized.
* Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office programs - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel - and ERP system.
* Able and willing to generate various types of reports.
* Willing to maintain availability via phone-email outside of regular working hours.
* Strong analytical and decision making skills with ability to exercise informed risk taking in order to make judgment calls
* Ability to prioritize and to work without close supervision.
Beneficial Qualifications, Skills and Experience, preferred but not required:
* Multilingual MRO aviation experience
* Strong ERP ORACLE BI experience preferred
* Supply chain lean operation knowledge
* Formal negotiation training experience
* Formal sales public speaking training or experience
* Existing customer contacts
: United States-New York-Garden City
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran