2 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Manager IT Networks
As WestJet becomes more complex and dynamic, we are seeking a Manager of IT Networks reporting into our IT Infrastructure office. This individual can exhibit a high standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, and is results-driven. The incumbent must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in an agile environment.
The Manager - IT Networks will lead the team directly responsible for operating the core network infrastructure, circuits, and back end telephony systems that deliver connectivity to WestJet's headquarters, airports, and bases around the world. As the network is a critical piece of infrastructure for the airline, this role is directly accountable for providing focus on reliability and availability of the connectivity required to keep the operations running 24x7x365.
This role demands a high level of technical capabilities combined with a keen appreciation of how technical solutions may be applied to business problems, with emphasis on a high level of customer service. Service availability metrics and adherence to processes are key requirements and the basis for performance evaluation. The role will also be a key stakeholder in the design, implementation, and operation of WestJet's next generation network strategy that will support the global footprint and increased resiliency that is required for a world class airline.
* Manage day to day activities, both operational and project related, within the Network Team, with an emphasis in service level obtainment, following and refining key operations process such as change control, incident management and root cause determination.
* Act as a liaison with other IT technical leads, project leads and IT management for consistent and timely delivery of network services.
* Assist in troubleshooting complex systems and take appropriate actions as required.
* Provide coaching, feedback and performance reviews of all team members, focusing on professional development, mentorship, and career progression within WestJet.
* Participate in projects related to both the Network Team and other IT or business unit groups requiring networking services.
* Participate in budget preparation and monitoring approved budget consumption rate.
* Effectively manage and right size the team based on current and projected workload.
* Develop team and own capabilities based on mid and long-term technology and service evolution plans.
* Develop and maintain monitoring tools, troubleshooting and analysis. Utilize the tools to report on service level obtainment.
* Effectively monitor and maintain the networking platform and landscape lifecycle to ensure supportability of the networking infrastructure.
* Assist in the identification and procurement of technical services, applications and systems.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent professional degree.
* 10-15 years of relevant technical and managerial experience
* At least 5 years of experience leading a complex team of technical professionals in an operationally sensitive environment.
* Industry relevant professional certifications in routing, switching, security, or architecture required. A focus on Cisco technologies is highly preferable.
* Leadership, LEAN, ITIL, ITSM certifications are preferred.
* A broad knowledge of IT and business processes required in support of enterprise voice and data network environments.
* Experiencing managing towards a budget and history with cost management effectiveness.
* Experience with a mix of Cisco, Aruba, F5 technologies and an understanding of WAN technologies (MPLS, EPL, WWW, etc.), and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc.) is required.
* History of delivering large, complex network improvement projects is preferred, with focus on highly available and resilient networks.
* Experience with next generation networking platforms, specifically Software Defined WAN (SDWAN), and cloud connect protocols.
* Experience interacting with business units and discussing business strategies, planning and processes.
* Proven track record in leading a team of IT professionals and delivering customer service to a large and dynamic business organization.
* Exposure to highly complex and integrated systems using enterprise class tools and methodologies.
* Detailed knowledge of IT Operations procedures and processes.
* Ability to facilitate cross-team communication and cooperation.
* Verbal and written communication skills to the level of addressing executive audiences.
* Ability to work effectively and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* ITIL certification or similar framework exposure.
* Industry recognized certification is an asset.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.